Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Daredevil, #36

"Daredevil" #36 finishes off Mark Waid's first series as it leads directly into the next, where Waid and artist Chris Samnee deliver a tensely-paced and satisfying conclusion that sets a permanent new direction for the character.

Full review here.

SPOILERSSSSS

SO when they snap back the rubber band, and DD eventually returns to Hell's Kitchen, will he ever be allowed to practice law again? Once you are disbarred, can you ever get reinstated?
    Last edited by Trey; 02-20-2014 at 09:05 AM.
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

DD should be in prison after the act he just pulled.This series is sooooo ughhhhh

living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

I'm sure they can find/invent a loophole. Disbarment is reversible in NYS.
    Last edited by eye of all; 02-20-2014 at 11:04 AM.

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

really enjoy kristen mcdufie (sp?)

thought it all played out well... and was a story heavy enough with enough ramification for the 50th anniversary.. it really makes the new #1 that more warranted

i cant wait to see if in a few years if marvel tries to one more day the secret identity

really looking forward to the infinite comic... and the stephan whacker rumored dd animated series

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil Is Legend View Post
    DD should be in prison after the act he just pulled.This series is sooooo ughhhhh
    He should not be in jail, as the powers that be actually used their brains and realized Daredevil has been nothing but a hero (Shadowland wut?) for the last 12 years and gave him some credit.

Hey...and next Peter Parker can get married and Spider Man can reveal his secret to the world. What? They did that already? Oh...so Matt Murdoch is once AGAIN revealing himself as Dare Devil, except different? uh huh. Must have been at least 10 years since he was last revealed? No?

Quote Originally Posted by 7Thunders View Post
    Hey...and next Peter Parker can get married and Spider Man can reveal his secret to the world. What? They did that already? Oh...so Matt Murdoch is once AGAIN revealing himself as Dare Devil, except different? uh huh. Must have been at least 10 years since he was last revealed? No?
    Maybe if you actually read the story you'd understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by eye of all View Post
    I'm sure they can find/invent a loophole. Disbarment is reversible in NYS.

Many states allow reverse depending on the circumstances over the disbarment in the first place. I read once about a lawyer in NY that had been disbarred due to a scandal at his firm. He was able to have it reversed a few years later as it was revealed he had nothing to do with the scandal and was not directly related to the case that caused it. In Matt and Foggy's case you could argue that the reason for the reveal was due to terrorist threats that were made good on and how several political and law figures were involved. Hence there is your loophole.

admittedly I have not yet read this issue, but does it give a justifiable reason for Marvel to end this Daredevil and start up with a new #1 'Now' that seemingly is only different because he's moving to SF?

Quote Originally Posted by GBtmSF View Post
    admittedly I have not yet read this issue, but does it give a justifiable reason for Marvel to end this Daredevil and start up with a new #1 'Now' that seemingly is only different because he's moving to SF?
    at the end of the day Marvel doesn't have to justify anything to us (sales will dictate that)

Quote Originally Posted by GBtmSF View Post
    Yes. It's a massive shake-up of his life, on his terms.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

It was a shark jump for me, to be honest. I wanted to trim my list and I had to cut the new volume anyway, though.
    4/9: Iron Fist, Flash Gordon, Doop, Magnus, Superboy, Shutter, Judge Dredd, Ghost Rider, Secret Avengers, X-Factor

Matt going to San Francisco?! This should be interesting.

Great issue.

If you dont think the current Daredevil run is awesome you should just stop reading comics...yes...I just said that!
    Daredevil is the best comic out right now.
    I love Barry Allen but really miss Wally West.
    The Punisher may be one of comics greatest characters.
    I love what Snyder has done with Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    If you dont think the current Daredevil run is awesome you should just stop reading comics...yes...I just said that!
    Agreed. This issue was terrific. Looking forward to the next DD volume.