Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Fantastic Four, #1

"THE FALL OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR" PART 1
    The world's greatest comics magazine begins anew with Marvel's First Family, the Fantastic Four! But as the brilliant MR. FANTASTIC, the compassionate INVISIBLE WOMAN, the ever lovin' THING & the hot-headed HUMAN TORCH embark on a strange mission, they aren't met with new beginnings, but an untimely end! As the family of cosmic explorers head towards their darkest hour, who could possibly be behind their downfall? And how is one of their oldest enemies, the sadistic dragon known as Fing-Fang-Foom involved? Prepare for the fantastic!

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    "THE FALL OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR" PART 1
    The world's greatest comics magazine begins anew with Marvel's First Family, the Fantastic Four! But as the brilliant MR. FANTASTIC, the compassionate INVISIBLE WOMAN, the ever lovin' THING & the hot-headed HUMAN TORCH embark on a strange mission, they aren't met with new beginnings, but an untimely end! As the family of cosmic explorers head towards their darkest hour, who could possibly be behind their downfall? And how is one of their oldest enemies, the sadistic dragon known as Fing-Fang-Foom involved? Prepare for the fantastic!

Full article here.
    I hope this run will be better than the last. Not much here to go on other than Sue is a good wife and Johnny both worries and laughs at Ben. I really hope Robinson won't regress Johnny too much. I also hope Robinson and Kirk remember that Franklin and Valeria are not twins. He's about seven or eight years older than her. Moreover, Val is supposed to be three or four years old. In the last run, Val actually seemed older than Franklin. I would love for her to be written as a frightening intelligent child, but would put up a tantrum if she doesn't get her nap; she can have the intellect of an adult, but she should still have the emotions of very young child.
    Not Peter David

Why do they have orange costumes?
    I don't like threads without scans

Great, yet another Fantastic Four #1 to add to my collection of Fantastic Four #1's.

At this point, we could all probably fill a longbox with nothing but Marvel #1 issues from the past decade alone. Some titles have had as many as three different #1 issues during this time frame.

Can't wait for Marvel to go trade-only. It is clearly the comic book publishing model of the future. BUT THEY CAN'T DO THAT AS LONG AS WE CONTINUE TO DOUBLE-DIP AND BUY EACH OF THESE STORIES TWICE.

Hey man, some of us only collect Marvel in trades.

Quote Originally Posted by torysac58 View Post

Speaking of trades, they acknowledge how Finny came back in the late 90s during Kurt Busiek's run on Iron Man. I always wanted to know if there was a difference since he used a human body and all those reptiles in Seattle to make his new body. Still funny he wears purple pants.

Quote Originally Posted by jyeager11 View Post
    Great, yet another Fantastic Four #1 to add to my collection of Fantastic Four #1's.

At this point, we could all probably fill a longbox with nothing but Marvel #1 issues from the past decade alone. Some titles have had as many as three different #1 issues during this time frame.
    I hear you. Marvel should give up the numbering and just go with Year/Month notations, but I guess a number 1 issue is still important to some people since some books do get a spike (temporarily) if they are renumbered.
    Not Peter David

Nothing in this preview made me want to pick this up. Nothing.
    I'm crushing your head fanboy! I'm crushing your head!

To be cancelled next year so they can bring in a black Human Torch in time for the movie release.

Quote Originally Posted by DanCMH View Post
    Nothing in this preview made me want to pick this up. Nothing.
    Yeah, I've never read F4 other than Hickman's run. This doesn't look nearly as good as that was.

I've been reading FF off and on. Waid and Weringo's run was pretty cool. I tried Hickman's. It was good too. I'm interested to see what Robinson and Kirk bring. I'm wondering if there's going to be some connection between the FF and The Invaders - and if Robinson is around long enough for an FF-X-Men connection. If there's a tie-in to the film-reboot, that will probably be a brand new title...

Quote Originally Posted by torysac58 View Post
    and you are what's wrong with the industry
    Cyclops ad portas

Green Lantern Honor Guard Green_Lantern_2814.4's Avatar

Loved James Robinson on Earth 2, excited to see the direction he has in store for Marvel's First Family.

Jerome Opena, how I adore your work <33

This will be the blandest, by-the-numbers FF book in years.