Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default The Unlikely Journey of "Guardians of the Galaxy" Star Rocket Raccoon

With Rocket Raccoon poised to, er, [em]rocket[/em] into the mainstream in Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy," CBR looks back at the character's strange journey.

Full article here.

Did Rocket Raccoon really come farther than let's say, Groot? That thing's about as obscure as you get. Star-Lord is another one who was hardly starring in his own series. And I'm a fan of his old adventures!

Wow. I had no idea that Rocket actually DID have a British accent.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

If the movie is a success, I really hope Disney can pass some of that money onto Bill Mantlo and his family.

Next on the list of talking animals, Cosmo the Russian Psychic dog. The movie does features Knowhere, so we need our Chief of Security.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Wow. I had no idea that Rocket actually DID have a British accent.
    He's named after a beetles song.

Not mentioned, he was declared dead in an issue of PEter David's Hulk..his pelt is seen hanging on the wall of the Troy Jan (is that they're names?)
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.

I had no idea that Giffen had been around that long. That is incredible.

I really wanted to hear him with a British accent in the movie but honestly, I'll live I am not massive Rocket fan so as long he isn't bogarting the screen time I don't think it will bother me much.

I get the distinct feeling that part of the reason Marvel wants to push Rocket Raccoon is because Disney sees a lot of toy potential in him. Toys are a huge part of Disney's business and Rocket Raccoon could help with that. It's called corporate synergy and it's not just a joke in Dilbert comics.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by J. Robb View Post
    If the movie is a success, I really hope Disney can pass some of that money onto Bill Mantlo and his family.
    He is not their responsibility in any way.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

I wondered why Rocket had a British accent in the Marvel Lego game; now I know. Whatever happened to Wal Russ?

I for some odd reason thought his first appearance was that Hulk issue. I guess that's what I get for never reading one of his online bio's. I'd suspect that they don't want to use too many Beatle's references nowadays, so we might not see Wal Russ and the fable's Gideon's Bible ever again...sniff.
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby

I had (or have...buried away somewhere) an issue or two of his mini. Haven't read them since I was a kid.

Also I prefer Groot like he was in that Starlord mini by Giffen. The one phrase thing is played.
    "Moving to Dakota to avoid superheroes is like moving to Quantico to avoid the FBI." -- Dwayne McDuffie

My comic: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    I had (or have...buried away somewhere) an issue or two of his mini. Haven't read them since I was a kid.

Also I prefer Groot like he was in that Starlord mini by Giffen. The one phrase thing is played.
    Agreed wholeheartedly. It was one of the big missteps by DnA. It was cute at first, but after a while it got intolerable for me.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.