Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: How Would You Grade the First "Guardians of the Galaxy" Trailer?

How Would You Grade the First "Guardians of the Galaxy" Trailer?

After months of anticipation, Marvel Studios has finally debuted the first full trailer for "Guardians of the Galaxy." How would you grade the introduction of Rocket, Groot, Gamora and the rest to the moviegoing public?

Vote on the poll here.

The highlights had to be Quill, otherwise, it really hasn't done anything for me.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

If it was out of 10, then it'd be 6/10 for me. While good, it didn't get me as excited as Robcop trailers, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailers etc.

Also, outside of Avengers: Earths' Mightiest Heroes, I haven't seen them in anything, so am not that familiar with the property.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dragon View Post
    If it was out of 10, then it'd be 6/10 for me. While good, it didn't get me as excited as Robcop trailers, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailers etc.

Also, outside of Avengers: Earths' Mightiest Heroes, I haven't seen them in anything, so am not that familiar with the property.
    Ouch. My heart broke a little to see someone say they are more excited about an unnecessary remake and the fifth Spiderman movie to be release in the last decade than they are about GotG.

Quote Originally Posted by HackedLife View Post
    Ouch. My heart broke a little to see someone say they are more excited about an unnecessary remake and the fifth Spiderman movie to be release in the last decade than they are about GotG.
    :) Sorry, HackedLife, just how I feel. I like it, will watch it, hope it'll be fun, but Robocop and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 are the two main films that pop to mind for 2014 that got me excited, trailer wise.

I enjoyed all four Robocop films and would likely watch them again, while Spider-Man is one of my favourite superheroes since I was 8 years old. Think Garfield is that touch better than McGuire, yet he will always hold a special place in my heart, due to childhood and all.

I would give it a solid B. Its not the worst trailer, but it doesn't wow me.

C.
    All the goofing around wasnt all that fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Dragon View Post

Thats the point of the trailer. Introduce the five main characters as most people wont have heard of them.
    Reading: The Walking Dead, Morning Glories, Saga, Batman, Hawkeye, The Wake, superman unchained, avengers AI, xmen
    LiamWUL Games Development

Elder Member

I thought it did a good job setting up the tone of the film, which was more the goal than setting up the story.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
    Thats the point of the trailer. Introduce the five main characters as most people wont have heard of them.
    Yes, I know, but all I'm saying there is that since I don't already know them, I don't have excitement watching certain parts, with Collector, or Rocket Racoon, or Nova Corps etc.

Wouldn't have that recognition going in, like I would with Superman/Batman.

But, as I said before that, it's also simply that it didn't excite me as much, with content of the other two films getting me hyped moreso.

Not enough dialogue, or character moments etc to get me feeling that way, but, maybe that'll be the next trailer.

Elder Member

This kind of feels like the marketing approach Serenity should have taken.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

That trailer hit the sweet spot of funny and action that reminded me of the original PotC and Raiders and StarWars.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would give it a solid B+. I would have liked some more of Nebula and Ronnan. Like I said in the other thread this reminds me a lot of Farscape with the mix of comedy and action and I love that. The movie looks like it will be a blast.

I actually liked it. I like Quill's self-promotion of "Starlord", and the reaction of the officers re: "they call themselves Guardians of the Galaxy? What a bunch of a-holes! That brought a chuckle (Good thing they haven't come across Reed "Mr. Fantastic" Richards).
    Drax though seems to be doing a Gatorade commercial. And I guess in the moviw, Gamora isn't connected to Thanos?

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

As a first trailer to get me excited it does the job just right. I see so much that I like and it sets itself a part from other Marvel movies with several weird elements that don't overshadow the main meat of the whole thing.