Default Don't like the Flying Triskelion? Blame Mark Millar!

You hate the new flying Triskelion, right? Of course you do. It's stupid. Just look at it:

It looks even dumber when it's being chased by Galactus, like it's a dumb carrot on a big dumb stick:

But maybe it's not Bendis's fault! Check out this prophetic quote from Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates #3, by the somehow-alive Captain Britain:

You see? It was Norman Foster all along!

Ok, I'm joking, it's totally Bendis's fault. It's the dumbest thing I've seen in a comic book in a while. Ugh, so dumb. Still - a fun little continuity accident.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

This post made me ill.

Mark Millar is a sacred goat licker.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Why did Shield create a flying Triskelion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De2SuYAjrdY

Seriously I think Bendis might have just put this in because the movie Avengers and Shield had a flying HQ. It does look silly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

You see? It was Norman Foster all along!
    Maybe not. Millar said "mobile" but that could have meant a number of different things. I mean just look at it. It's supposed to be designed to fly as a boomerang.

What if it's like Jenga, and each little compartment can fly off and do its own thing? We'd have a Triskelion SWARM :O
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by The Master Meglomaniac View Post
    Seriously I think Bendis might have just put this in because the movie Avengers and Shield had a flying HQ. It does look silly though.
    Yeah, but they already had Helicarriers in the UU, which were even (very briefly) used as a temporary SHIELD base in AvNU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cushman View Post
    Maybe not. Millar said "mobile" but that could have meant a number of different things. I mean just look at it. It's supposed to be designed to fly as a boomerang.
    If only; but this panel from the next issue seems to imply full on flying Triskelion:

I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

If only; but this panel from the next issue seems to imply full on flying Triskelion:
    It could work but not the design that we have now. That triangle design is horrible. If they used the more boomerang design like the picture I showed they could have made it look like more like a stupid looking helicarrier with a side of it just jutting out.

Yeah, but they already had Helicarriers in the UU, which were even (very briefly) used as a temporary SHIELD base in AvNU.
    I don't know, maybe Bendis wanted their main HQ to fly, like it did in the Avengers movie. I think Marvel sometimes copies the movies too much in other mediums.

Hoorah, another thing I can add to my list that is proof that MM's Avengers run was utter tripe
    I'm with the Douche!

Elder Member

(Am I the only one who likes the flying Triskelion?)

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    (Am I the only one who likes the flying Triskelion?)
    Yes, I would imagine so as you are usually the only one who ever likes what you like and dislikes what everyone else likes
    I'm with the Douche!