Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default X-POSITION: Aaron Closes The Door on "Wolverine and the X-Men"

Jason Aaron joins X-Position for a wrap-session on "Wolverine and the X-Men" as the series heads to its final issue, and looks to his "Amazing" future.

Full article here.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Awww, I sent in only 1 question and it didn't get asked.

This focused too much on W&TX and not enough on Amazing, methinks.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Awww, I sent in only 1 question and it didn't get asked.

This focused too much on W&TX and not enough on Amazing, methinks.
    It's been like that for like the last 3 interviews he did... kind of annoying.

Wasn't Broo created by Christos Gage during his Astonishing X-Men run? Sure, Aaron developed him in WatXM, but seems weird he'd say he made him up himself.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toboe View Post
    Wasn't Broo created by Christos Gage during his Astonishing X-Men run? Sure, Aaron developed him in WatXM, but seems weird he'd say he made him up himself.
    It's possible Aaron conceived the character but wasn't free to write the Astonishing story so the X-Office had Gage write the story to introduce the character, since at the time he was like the modern X-Office catch all writer like Lobdell in the 90s.
    "Claremazons are made to be punished." - jarrod

Essential reading

Wait, Aaron had a plan to write a New X-men/Young X-men title? Crud, that would have been great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifighter View Post
    Wait, Aaron had a plan to write a New X-men/Young X-men title? Crud, that would have been great to see.
    Now even I cannot believe in that, especially after all the time he focus on his "pet" characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    It's possible Aaron conceived the character but wasn't free to write the Astonishing story so the X-Office had Gage write the story to introduce the character, since at the time he was like the modern X-Office catch all writer like Lobdell in the 90s.
    Usually, though, in situations like that, the person who initially came up with the idea will give some credit to the person who actually wrote the introduction anyway. You know, if they're not an ass. Not that Aaron neglecting to do so is surprising considering he also likes to act as though Marjorie Liu's Astonishing X-Men never existed.

No one tell the poor guy that many of the complaints about Broo being shot included a mention of how he was the only part of the book that didn't completely suck. Let's just let Aaron have this "victory."

Aaron probably has something big planned for Amazing X-men and doesn't want to spoil.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by Sifighter View Post
    What would have been the point? Yet another vehicle to brusquely shove Quire into unwarranted spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    What would have been the point? Yet another vehicle to brusquely shove Quire into unwarranted spotlight.
    Of the characters that show up in Wolverine and the X-Men.. Quire really isn't the one that should be criticized for being on panel. Others? Definitely.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

it's a shame Elsie Dee and Albert never made an appearance in this series. they would have been perfect Aaron fodder.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Nice to see Aaron acknowledge that the tie-in's helped derail the series when it was going good early on. To me even though I wasn't a fan of Bachalo at the time (he's grown on me since then) his departure and Bradshaw's taking over of the book hurt it in my eyes. Bachalo's style suited the book far more than Bradshaw imo. The circus storyline was the opposite of what it was meant to be - fun. I feel the AvX tie-in's made the Hellfire Club storyline drag out far too long by pushing it to the background. Overall I have to say I liked what Aaron did despite it's flaws, many of which can be blamed on tie-in's and art rather than story. This was a book fighting against the norm instead of being serious this title was light-hearted and a drawback to the days when books like this were meant to be fun and nothing more. I have to say I will miss Aaron's take on Broo, Kid Gladiator and Quire who were my fav 3 of the students along with making me finally like Doop. Looking forward to more of his stuff over in Amazing X-Men. So glad he resurrected Firestar out of limbo (figuratively) and is making use of her. He had to do an in-continuity take on Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends! He got a nice interesting group there with Nightcrawler coming back. It almost feels like a 2nd shot at Claremont's original Uncanny X-Men lineup. And hell Colossus is free to use now. Make it happen Aaron!

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    it's a shame Elsie Dee and Albert never made an appearance in this series. they would have been perfect Aaron fodder.
    Good point. His take on Elsie Dee and Albert would have been great for Wolverine & The X-Men, compared to the Circus storyline or AvX tie-in's.

Edit - BTW just wanted to say Thanks to Aaron for the fun series and bringing back Firestar and Nightcrawler over in Amazing X-Men. Also enjoyed the bamfs and look forward to more from them over in Amazing. The Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends crossover would be natural now that both Spider-Man and X-Men will have Amazing in their titles. I really wish Marvel would do a mini-series or even an ongoing teamup of Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends. Even if it replaced Superior Team-Up. Aaron would seem a natural to write it!
    Last edited by Joecooler2u; 02-18-2014 at 02:29 PM.

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Too bad the new young mutants of this book couldn't pile into a bus to ride off into the sunset.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do