Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default THE COLOR BARRIER: Exploring Identity, Origins with Artist Afua Richardson

Joseph Illidge speaks with comic book artist and musician Afua Richardson about exploring the theme of identity and more in her art and music.

Full article here.

Adding "Genius" to the wish list, and Ms Richardson to the "hope to see at NYCC" list.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

Let's also hope to see her in a more high profile art gig, marvel would be nice!
    Comfortably numb is my state of being!

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Marvel?

DC?

Start your own company Doctor Foo and save yourself all the trouble that comes with the political shenanigans inside their offices!

Do you want to be the black female version of the late great Dwayne McDuffie (RIP) complaining about how they blocked all of your great ideas with the same ole reboots from yesteryear?

You don't need all that Fanbratti heartache you're better than that!:big grin:

Now get out here to Los Angeles so that you can unite all the gangs underneath one umbrella and rule the world (Or at least the west coast) like the black version of Joan of Arc!

"Caaaaaan yoooou dig iiiiiiiiiitt..."

Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Warrrriorrrs Come out and Play yaaa

African American and African culture / history is so amazing and so underrepresented in comics and it bothers me that the medium is still so dominated by white men. I really enjoyed that "Drums" series that image put out a few years ago and have been waiting for more stories similar to that. There needs to be waaaaaaaay more black comic characters!!! Afua needs more recognition and i am getting sick of the big two now so may image? :)

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Hmm, she seems like a very interesting artist. Genius wasn't in my radar (especially as I was pushing for Urban Myths during the Pilot Season of that year) but I might be interested finally.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

We have a STORM ongoing we would like you to do..oh who the heck Am I kidding-i'd settle for a mini or oneshot.

Seriously, been a fan since your work on Cyblade. If you arent busy I have a webcomic pipe-dream called The Jobbers I would love one panel of art on...if i can afford it.

Continued success!
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Let me start my own personal Q and A with this...

Since you can sang (Not just sing but sang) with that Erykah Badu jazz flavor and you wear comic book merchandise with no shame whatsoever in public why are you not making your own theme songs for your own characters?

The Afua Richardson Makeover starts right here right now... Stay Tuned!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!