Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

trade waiting Chew, Fatale, Saga, The Walking Dead, Invincible, Alex + Alda, Dream Police, Mice Templar, Savage Dragon, Sex, Sidekick, Thief of Thieves...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Looking for more books to pull, so I will be checking these out.
    I am already pulling Rat Queens, but I need to add to my list.
    Youth ends when egotism does; maturity begins when one lives for others.---Hermann Hesse

Chew/Revival #1
    Fatale #24
    The Walking Dead #127
    Witchblade #175
    Artifacts #37
    Invincible #112
    Morning Glories #41
    THIEF OF THIEVES #21
    Saga #19
    By Faltine and Ikonn and Dark Valtorr -- By Seraphim, Denak, and Raggadorr -- By Dormammu, Watoomb, and Cyttorak!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis@ View Post
    Chew/Revival #1
    Fatale #24
    The Walking Dead #127
    Witchblade #175
    Artifacts #37
    Invincible #112
    Morning Glories #41
    THIEF OF THIEVES #21
    Saga #19
    And WHY isn't Rat Queens on your list???
    You should read it. it's the most fantastic book ever. <3
    Youth ends when egotism does; maturity begins when one lives for others.---Hermann Hesse

An interesting month here for me:

Saga - dear lord that cover is amazing. Best comic evar
    Chew / Revival - sounds more fun the more I think about it (I love Chew, don't read Revival)
    MPH - I kind of hate Millar but this looks cool, I will give a try
    Rise of the Magi - I'm bummed Silvestri isn't on art, but will give a try
    Southern Bastards - thought the preview for #1 was really good
    Shutter - could be a sleeper hit, will give a try
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin King View Post

A lot of great books missing in action this month: Manhattan Projects, East of West, Velvet, Lazarus, and Black Science are all not solicited. And it's Fatale's last month too. Sad times.
    I share your pain, but the hiatus on those top notch books allows me to try out new stuff elsewhere without going overbudget so I can't complain too much.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

The new titles that interest me:
    Rise of the Magi #1
    Nailbiter #1
    Chew/Revival #1 one-shot

My usual titles:
    Saga #19
    Witchblade #175
    Alex + Ada #6
    Aphrodite IX #11
    Artifacts #37
    Sovereign #3
    Tales of Honor #3
    Ten Grand #11
    Zero #8

Maybe:
    Dream Police #2
    The Fuse #4
    Sovereign Basterds#2
    Shutter #2
    The Mercenary Sea #4

Image and Top Cow are killing it!

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    I share your pain, but the hiatus on those top notch books allows me to try out new stuff elsewhere without going overbudget so I can't complain too much.
    That's how I look at it too. Image has so many good books, it helps the budget being able to skip a title one month to check out a new title. Then again, with the quality of the books they publish, this may backfire as I will no doubt end up adding even more titles to the pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    MPH - I kind of hate Millar but this looks cool, I will give a try
    Mark Millar is an interesting kind of person. When the guy is good, he's good (I really enjoy Superior and love his Ultimate X-Men, being one of my favorite comic book runs of all time), but when he is bad, oh dear god is he BAD (Nemesis, Kick-Ass 2, and the Unfunnies, which is a very appropriate title for that book).

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Mark Millar is an interesting kind of person. When the guy is good, he's good (I really enjoy Superior and love his Ultimate X-Men, being one of my favorite comic book runs of all time), but when he is bad, oh dear god is he BAD (Nemesis, Kick-Ass 2, and the Unfunnies, which is a very appropriate title for that book).
    His personality really bugs me, both in public (real life) and in his writing. He comes off as very cocky and in love with his own ideas. I think he often has great concepts and puts out strong first issues that then completely fizzle out and fail to live up to their potential. He presents himself and comes off more like a showman than a creator.

This is all in my opinion, of course.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

His personality really bugs me, both in public (real life) and in his writing. He comes off as very cocky and in love with his own ideas. I think he often has great concepts and puts out strong first issues that then completely fizzle out and fail to live up to their potential. He presents himself and comes off more like a showman than a creator.

I agree. I also don't care for how most of his Millarworld output is mostly built up pitches ("What if Batman was evil?" "Ocean's 11 with superpowers" etc) that don't have much depth and seem explicitly designed to be optioned for film. Just screams "$$$$$!!!" with less care towards the reader and more toward the broader, global consumer.

Which, I'll admit, is really anyone's goal, right? But few creatives make it more apparent than Millar.

All that said, I am intrigued by a bunch of his upcoming titles!

Saga #19
    Zero #8
    Alex + Ada #6
    Chew/Revival #1

Anyone not reading Manifest Destiny monthly should totally pick up the the tpb and jump on. One of the best series going on.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack80 View Post
    That's how I look at it too. Image has so many good books, it helps the budget being able to skip a title one month to check out a new title. Then again, with the quality of the books they publish, this may backfire as I will no doubt end up adding even more titles to the pull list.
    I know what you mean, budget wise its like walking downhill on slippery thin ice.

Yet a couple ongoings and minis coming to a natural end along with a few others that get dropped due to a shift of direction which is no longer appealing to me help contain things pretty well.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Actually, in real life he is a pretty relaxed guy. He is not in love with himself - this bombastic stuff he does is very obviously tongue in cheek for anyone attuned to that type of humour, which is a nice way of saying many (not all) Americans don't seem to get it and take him literally at his word. I guess that's why one often hears Americans say they don't like "British humour". Anyway, he's taking the piss, as they say.

Personality quirks aside, I generally can't wait for his new stuff. I'd love to see a Nemesis follow-up, that series was crazy and had beautiful art. Actually every Millarworld title seems to have incredible art.
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

I'll be getting both the titles by Mark Millar, Saga #19 and Deadly Class #5.