Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default VISION QUEST: What Marvel's Classic Android May Mean for "Avengers: Age of Ultron"

CBR breaks down the possibilities presented by the introduction of the synthezoid Vision in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."

Full article here.

Is there any reason this has been posted here twice?

Anyway, yeah, very likely a big like to Ultron and, with Bettany playing him, no small coincidence that there'll be a very large one to Tony.

Would be interesting if Jocasta is brought in for this, or Ant-Man, or another product.

Okay, here's my theory.

Hank Pym still created Ultron, who still ends up crazed and intent on conquering the world, etc. But, realizing the Avengers are the one force that could stop him, he preemptively attacks by hacking into the Stark Tower security AI (Jarvis), which then uses Stark's lab/extra armor/etc. to take "human" form as the Vision. Vision takes down almost all of the Avengers present (yeah, I'm not sure why they were all at Stark Tower… Shawarma night?), but before making the killing blow gets a conscience, probably because of something Tony says. The Vision thus becomes something like the avatar for the Jarvis system, with all the best of Stark tech and maybe a hint of Pym AI/tech.

To really work, though, this would require a bit of a cameo by Hank Pym to set up the creation of Ultron and the efforts to figure out a way to defeat him. No word yet that Michael Douglas is signed on for AoU, but wouldn't really be surprised by his presence.

Namor!!!!!!!!

I like the theory that Tony Stark is the one that creates Ultron instead of Pym. I think that would be much more logical given how Stark has made 42 marks of Iron Man armor in just three movies. Perhaps one of the reasons he destroyed all his old Iron Man suits in Iron Man 3 is so he could take the next logical step. He saw what an army of Iron Men did and tries to expand on that. And maybe Vision could be a prototype rather than being a creation by Ultron. But I do hope that the whole Scarlet Witch/Vision romance is muted. I think in the context of the movies, that would be too much of a stretch. Maybe that could be reserved for Avengers 3, but I would rather that the Scarlet Witch's role not be restricted to hooking up with Vision. The MCU has only two strong female characters in Black Widow and Maria Hill. Making Scarlet Witch just a love interest for vision doesn't add much strength to the mix.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

It makes sense if they adjust the origin a bit for the movies; there's just too much backstory with the Wonder Man bit and all that. I'm hoping, though, Whedon keeps his powers the same, specifically intangibility, flying, and the forehead-jewel-laser powers. Those really set the Vision apart from being just another super-strong robot. Also really hope they use some semblance of the green/yellow costume with the cape. Very iconic look. And the red face; that always made the Vision kinda creepy looking. That's a must.

A lot to do in two hours, Tony creates Ultron - does Ultron decline to get his robot hands dirty and creates the Vision right away? Meanwhile intro Pietro and Wanda and reintroduce the original cast and hopefully do more with Hawkeye who was possessed much of the first movie.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by jloder24 View Post
    It makes sense if they adjust the origin a bit for the movies; there's just too much backstory with the Wonder Man bit and all that. I'm hoping, though, Whedon keeps his powers the same, specifically intangibility, flying, and the forehead-jewel-laser powers. Those really set the Vision apart from being just another super-strong robot. Also really hope they use some semblance of the green/yellow costume with the cape. Very iconic look. And the red face; that always made the Vision kinda creepy looking. That's a must.
    None of that is really a must and I'd be surprised to see most of it, especially the red-green-yellow color scheme which has always been pretty garish, even in the comics. And I'd be really surprised to see the cape, as there's really no good reason for a robot to wear one.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

The modern-day Iron Man helmet is such a ripoff of the classic Ultron design, it would've been very short-sighted of any showrunner not to see the potential in having Stark create Ultron. Unless they went with the theory that Hank Pym based *his* helmet design on Iron Man's. But then, if Hank Pym has the mechanical expertise to create Ultron, he probably has the expertise to create Iron Man as well. So to plug this hole in logic alone, you kind of HAVE to make Tony Stark Ultron's creator.

Everyone credits Adi Granov for the modern "more threatning-looking" Iron Man design, but it was actually Jorge Lucas who had the most to do with it. In wanting to create a redesign that actually had points of articulation (instead of that "flexible material that can somehow withstand tank rockets") Lucas ended up being (subconsciously, I assume) inspired by Ultron for the head.

While Granov made the suit look more 3D realistic, Lucas doesn't get nearly enough credit for finally giving us a design that allowed us to leave the "classic" design behind. Not an easy feat when you consider how long other heroes can go without snapping back to their "regular" threads. I don't think the classic armor Layton made famous has been seen in over a decade, aside from the odd nostalgia-fueled guest-appearance. I don't think Spidey went anywhere near that long with the black suit.

Last edited by jyeager11; 02-18-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Yes, they are a must. Especially the red face. And there's really never a good reason for anybody to wear a cape, really, other than aesthetics. Robot or otherwise. Superman, Thor, et al. just look damn cool in them. Same for Vision. But you're welcome to your boring opinion.

I think that it's possible that Ultron is an earlier attempt at an advanced AI but Tony abandoned it due it being unstable. Everything Tony learned from Ultron's failure he used to create JARVIS, making them brothers of a sort.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by jloder24 View Post
    Yes, they are a must. Especially the red face. And there's really never a good reason for anybody to wear a cape, really, other than aesthetics. Robot or otherwise. Superman, Thor, et al. just look damn cool in them. Same for Vision. But you're welcome to your boring opinion.
    And you're welcome to your angry nerd rant. Is this a great country or what?
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

eh... you do know Universal owns the rights to Namor, right??

http://screenrant.com/hulk-3-sequels...-namor-rights/
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    CBR breaks down the possibilities presented by the introduction of the synthezoid Vision in "Avengers: Age of Ultron."

Full article here.
    .....'Even An Android Can Cry'
    "Everybody's Waiting," Six Feet Under finale episode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el4eUKmLujg

http://i.imgur.com/hcuBe43.gif

I could see the color scheme remaining. Tony has multiple colors of armor, especially in all the tie-in toys. All the need is a joke to introduce it, like questioning if Tony is colorblind and him claiming that the person questioning him has no sense of art and the audience will accept it since it's been winked at.

The cape might take more but if Vision is shown evolving as an individual he may make his own decisions like that especially at the end. Again, joke about the robot now wearing a cape and you're fine.

Just an idea IronVision.jpg
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 02-19-2014 at 05:43 AM.