Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default The Ultimate Universe Mourns a Hero in Bendis & Quinones' "Survive" One-Shot

Following "Cataclysm: The Ultimates' Last Stand," Brian Michael Bendis and Joe Quinones pick up the pieces in March one-shot "Survive."

Full article here.

I pity the forests that were wasted for this one-shot.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Surprisingly, I care very little for Ultimate Cap. Also, is the last issue of the event even out yet?

every third storyline in the ultimate line is a dramatic shift in the universe. couple that with more and more main players killed with no resurrections, its harder and harder to care.

Man, I really loved the Ultimate universe a long time ago. But it feels so so long ago. I will always have those memories, though!
    Hey, Big Two, take your 3.99 books and stick 'em!

Why does Kitty have a bob cut...?

Kitty your hair... Did you break up with Jimmy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Surprisingly, I care very little for Ultimate Cap. Also, is the last issue of the event even out yet?
    To be fair he was kinda a huge ****.

So ultimate Peter Parker gets crapped on even more. Dies taking a bullet for Captain America, only to have Cap get killed in another useless do-over.

When will Bendis get bored with Miles and strap a firecracker to him too?
    talk hard

Ultimate Cap stuck around for too long in the first place.

But...the whole line is being cancelled...so...........

who cares...about one character dying?

Marvel Now! completely subsumed the Ultimate line, so it has no purpose currently.

The UU is not being canceled. We're about to get at least three new titles in that universe.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

I've actually be enjoying the UU again under Hickman and Falkov. It's been some great stuff and so has the mini. I'll be getting this and also as previously stated by TsaiMeLemoni. The UU is not cancelled as I can't wait for the UU Future Foundation book to start.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

The story has been a real treat so far I do believe repercussions are the only thing I had real problems with reading comics so I'd drop them hard, well this is probably the only series in marvel that sticks to it's guns. It gets difficult at times and I know I've lost a character or two "Dazzler" loved her, but seeing how some of the characters who aren't immortal "Spider-man" and top tier "Wolverine" continuing to move forward stepping up and showing what that person has to offer the world has been like the greatest highlight for the Ultimate imprint. Glade we Survived this one.
    Last edited by Cosmo#1; 02-15-2014 at 12:35 AM.
    Mr.Ultimate on Tumblr got that 1610 love http://burningking1000.tumblr.com/

And marvel continues to take more of my money, first with mighty avengers and now all the titles in the ultimate universe plus this one shot, man, I haven't been picking up this many titles from marvel in a while.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

Any feelings I might have had on Cap's death were accidentally rendered moot when Marvel released the promos for the new UU titles, where Cap (and plenty of others) were nowhere to be seen. Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going to happen.

So I guess the A did stand for France after all...

Peace