Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Feb 14, 2014

Axel Alonso discusses the importance of Marvel's new female-led titles, the recent string of All-New Marvel NOW! sellouts and the new "X-Force" series.

Full article here.

Doesn't Gladiators son go to the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning?

Is that a recolored Superior Spider-Man glove I spy saving Wolverine? I would definitely love for Miguel to pick up the mantle and use the tech Otto developed if Pete's not going to use them himself.
    Last edited by Emeraldnite; 02-14-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

oh gawd. they've just given Darthfury false hope. :D
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

one hundred ways to die Centipede Damascus's Avatar

Spider-Woman's showing up in ASM? That's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Doesn't Gladiators son go to the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning?
    Gladiator pulled him out for a while but I think he's back now.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Gladiator pulled him out for a while but I think he's back now.
    Okay then can some one please explain to me why all of a sudden the Shiar and especially Gladiator have there pitch forks and torches raised towards Jean Grey all of a sudden.

Homosexual Propagandist Supernature's Avatar

What are the Adjectiveless X-Men trying to accomplish in those Wolverine pages ?

It sure as hell doesn't really look like they're fighting.

Super glad to see support and excitement for the Elektra title.

I just to re-iterate how grateful I am this book is coming out, I figured it would be much longer before she got another solo.

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Super glad to see support and excitement for the Elektra title.

I just to re-iterate how grateful I am this book is coming out, I figured it would be much longer before she got another solo.
    It's good that Marvel is trying with the female titles, but will the fans bite?
    Black Widow #2 tumbled down the charts and is already out of the Top 50 of comics.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

one hundred ways to die Centipede Damascus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Okay then can some one please explain to me why all of a sudden the Shiar and especially Gladiator have there pitch forks and torches raised towards Jean Grey all of a sudden.
    Easy. Kid Gladiator was gone between AvX and Battle of the Atom. The All-New crew arrived after AvX and left at the end of Battle of the Atom. Kid Gladiator and the All-New crew were never at the school at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    Black Widow #2 tumbled down the charts and is already out of the Top 50 of comics.
    Wow really? That's a damn shame. I really wonder what makes successful book sometimes because I thought with Hawkeye the recipe was have an amazing creative team and have the character be getting a lot of media attention was the recipe, maybe Marvel just didn't strike while the iron was hot with Black Widow. I really really want Elektra to do well she's such an awesome underapperiated character she really deserves a successful ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Easy. Kid Gladiator was gone between AvX and Battle of the Atom. The All-New crew arrived after AvX and left at the end of Battle of the Atom. Kid Gladiator and the All-New crew were never at the school at the same time.
    That doesn't explain anything. Gladiator who where seeing in this event being super aggressive towards Jean Grey and wants her to go to trial and be found guilty but at the same time he also sends his son to Jean Grey's school.

We'll have to wait and see.

As far as the drop in BW...we'll have to wait and see where it stabilizes. All books see a drop between one and two. Thunderbolts started at 80 thou, dropped to 40 though, and now ranges between 20 and 28ish. With BW, the drop was from the 50s to the 30s, so not that huge of a drop between debut issues imo.

We also may see an increase in interest down the road as more people appreciate female-led books, and as Marvel continues to promote and support these titles. Some are bound to fail, but then not every book is a success regardless of the gender leading it.

I think this speaks to the "sellout debate" Alonso seems to think doesn't exist. Sure, the book sold out and got a second printing, but how many copies were printed the first time? Obviously Marvel has the ability to doctor it's own numbers (as does every publisher). Hence the debate, imho...