Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: DC Celebrates "Batman '66" in May with Variant Covers by Mike Allred

DC Comics' latest variant theme is "Batman '66," with Mike Allred illustrating 19 May-shipping covers in the style of the beloved '60s TV show.

Full article here.

Is Dc that desperate to sell their new 52 stuff like this ?

British Student of Film

If nothing else, these will provide me with some gorgeous iPad wallpapers by the ever-amazing Allred.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    Yeah!!! DC must be SUPER desperate if they've resorted to... employing a fun artist to... draw... variant covers?

Sorry, no. I don't quite get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    Yeah!!! DC must be SUPER desperate if they've resorted to... employing a fun artist to... draw... variant covers?

Sorry, no. I don't quite get your point.
    There is a weird anomaly here where anyone who has a Hulk avatar is a troll. A Marvel troll to, the worst kind.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    I admit it seems annoying, but it beats having to relaunch half your comic book titles every twelve months or so to increase your sales.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

More Allred is only a good thing.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

I know this is nitpicking but I hope they fix the three coloring mistakes on WW's 1966 costume before this comic goes to print. Her belt should be white (not yellow). Top of bodice above eagle is red (not yellow). Bracelets are navy/black (not light silver).

Disappointing they cancel Nightwing and he misses out on arguably the best variant cover month so far.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmcc View Post
    I know this is nitpicking but I hope they fix the three coloring mistakes on WW's 1966 costume before this comic goes to print. Her belt should be white (not yellow). Top of bodice above eagle is red (not yellow). Bracelets are navy/black (not light silver).
    A person after my own heart.... I could deal with the belt and the bracelets, but GODS how I hate there not being any red along the top of her emblem..... seems like that's all anyone knows how to do it anymore (I think I have Alex Ross to blame?...)

M

So we're getting a Batman '66 variant cover of Batman '66?

I love Allred, so I'm actually excited for this. Wish we could've had one for Green Arrow.

I've given up expecting there to be one for Supergirl. Only one issue of Supergirl has had a variant, #19 during the first MAD variant month. Oh well, a 66' styled Supergirl variant would be cool. Interesting that Justice League United doesn't have one, but I guess that is a #1, maybe they don't want to include a first issue in this.

I'm a sucker for these variant covers. Scribblenauts and Steampunk were both awesome, but these sound like the best yet. It worked DC, damn you, I bought them all

Quote Originally Posted by Toboe View Post
    So we're getting a Batman '66 variant cover of Batman '66?

I love Allred, so I'm actually excited for this. Wish we could've had one for Green Arrow.

Hah - I was about to post the same comment... About all three things.

Kinda sucks that most shops around me pull these early and jack the price up.

Also, BATMAN AND FRANKENSTEIN~!

Quote Originally Posted by used39 View Post
    Hah - I was about to post the same comment... About all three things.

Kinda sucks that most shops around me pull these early and jack the price up.

Also, BATMAN AND FRANKENSTEIN~!
    If you have a quality LCS they can order these for you for cover price. It's not like they are incentive covers - the 1:25 or 1:100 variants where they can only get a limited number. They should have no problem getting as many as you want. At least my LCS does it that way here in snowy Chicago