Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Lawrence, McAvoy Feature in New "X-Men: Days of Future Past" Photos

New "X-Men: Days of Future Past" photos feature Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, a comparison between Michael Fassbender and Ian McKellen and more.

Full article here.

Pictures are good, enticing, ups the ante for your mooding for it.

Would rather there was one with Bishop, or Trask, or someone like that, but still good.

Fassbender + J-Law = Can't wait!

I am excited about all the characters they are throwing into this thing, but those two intrigue me the most. Especially considering how First Class ended.

Lets hope it delivers.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

It looks like Prof X is standing in that one picture though..the younger one.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    It looks like Prof X is standing in that one picture though..the younger one.
    Still curious why he is standing..was he not in a wheelchair by the end of the first movie? Are they just going to have this dude get paralyzed multiple times?
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

Still curious why he is standing..was he not in a wheelchair by the end of the first movie? Are they just going to have this dude get paralyzed multiple times?
    Technically we don't know he was paralyzed by that bullet in First Class. He said 'I can't feel my legs' and the only other scene we had of him was him in a wheelchair, but there are plenty of spinal injuries that result in short term paralysis and would require a wheelchair for weeks afterwards, but ultimately allow for a full recovery. Granted, because we all know Xavier ultimately ends up paralyzed, we naturally assumed THIS was the injury that resulted in that, and at the time it was obviously intended we take it that way, but there's plenty of room to play around with that even without a contrived miracle cure for him. The true paralyzing injury could still be years (and movies) away for Xavier.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Technically we don't know he was paralyzed by that bullet in First Class. He said 'I can't feel my legs' and the only other scene we had of him was him in a wheelchair, but there are plenty of spinal injuries that result in short term paralysis and would require a wheelchair for weeks afterwards, but ultimately allow for a full recovery. Granted, because we all know Xavier ultimately ends up paralyzed, we naturally assumed THIS was the injury that resulted in that, and at the time it was obviously intended we take it that way, but there's plenty of room to play around with that even without a contrived miracle cure for him. The true paralyzing injury could still be years (and movies) away for Xavier.
    Also in the flashback in Last Stand he was seen walking, so it does seem he did recover for a time

Elder Member

True but, IIRC, in the scene in the first full trailer, where we see the two Xaviers talking, it did appear that Xavier the younger was still in a wheelchair.
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

That the two Xaviers are pictured together at all would lead me to believe it's a telepathic scene, and they can appear to be doing anything they want.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard

"Metaphors? I hate metaphors! That's why my favorite book is Moby Dick. No frou-frou symbolism, just a good simple tale about a man who hates an animal." ~Ron Swanson

Fassbender looks sharp in that outfit.

Nice design.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    That the two Xaviers are pictured together at all would lead me to believe it's a telepathic scene, and they can appear to be doing anything they want.
    Which only further reinforces the notion that Young Xavier is still in the wheelchair (at least at the time the conversation takes place) because if it is all in his mind and he's not actually in the wheelchair in real life, why would he want to imagine himself as being in one?
    Dr. Jackson: Who makes a movie out of a series that only lasted 3 episodes?

Teal'c: It allegedly performed well on DVD

I suppose, but how many close calls is this guy going to have with paralysis before it sticks? I also did think the intent of showing him in his wheelchair at the very end was to say "dude is in a wheelchair now".

If he's not, wasn't the whole thing with Magneto and the bullet pointless?

Your shoelaces are untied Kalen O.'s Avatar

I suppose, but how many close calls is this guy going to have with paralysis before it sticks? I also did think the intent of showing him in his wheelchair at the very end was to say "dude is in a wheelchair now".

If he's not, wasn't the whole thing with Magneto and the bullet pointless?
    I'm not saying he's not paralyzed now, I'm saying there are ways around it without even having to get too creative at this point. And like I said, yes the intent at the end of First Class was that dude is in a wheelchair now, but a) that movie wasn't sure it'd have a direct sequel, so they were putting as many early X-Men plot points in as possible rather than drag them out for a rebooted franchise that might not happen and b) although Singer was involved, it was ultimately Vaughn's movie, and this is Singer's, making it a moot point. Singer after all has never had a problem ignoring continuity or franchise plans that didn't suit his specific vision.

I do agree however its most likely he's walking in a telepathic vision. Its just I wouldn't be all that bothered by a simple 'he recovered from the spinal injury, not actually paralyzed yet' explanation either.
    My favorite character can beat up your favorite character.

Loser.

I'm not saying he's not paralyzed now, I'm saying there are ways around it without even having to get too creative at this point. And like I said, yes the intent at the end of First Class was that dude is in a wheelchair now, but a) that movie wasn't sure it'd have a direct sequel, so they were putting as many early X-Men plot points in as possible rather than drag them out for a rebooted franchise that might not happen and b) although Singer was involved, it was ultimately Vaughn's movie, and this is Singer's, making it a moot point. Singer after all has never had a problem ignoring continuity or franchise plans that didn't suit his specific vision.

I do agree however its most likely he's walking in a telepathic vision. Its just I wouldn't be all that bothered by a simple 'he recovered from the spinal injury, not actually paralyzed yet' explanation either.

There is a picture showing him walking which also features Wolverine, Magneto and Quicksilver. And another showing him in a chair with Wolverine and Beast.
    I wonder if he has some sort of leg braces like the prof. wore in the Wat XM animated series?