Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: The Royals: Masters of War, #1

Writer Rob Williams and artist Simon Coleby combine the luster of the Royal Family with war comics and super-powered fisticuffs in "The Royals: Masters of War" #1.

Full review here.

I didn't pick this up as it seems to be treading familiar ground to Kieron Gillen's 'Uber'.

Would be interesting to hear comparisons.
    Bedlam,BlackScience,Egos,Fatale,Lazarus,RatQueens, Saga,Bounce,ManhattanProjects,Fuse,Three, Velvet,Zero,Earth2,WonderWoman,World's Finest,Trillium,Q&W,Cpt.Midnight,Skyman,RedSonja, Uncanny,Uber

While I'm unfamiliar with "Uber," I will say that I enjoyed this debut issue and will be back for more next month. The book seemingly came out of nowhere and I grabbed it on a whim, and am glad I did...strong writing and awesome art.
    Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final. -HST-

Quote Originally Posted by Drumanespic View Post
    I didn't pick this up as it seems to be treading familiar ground to Kieron Gillen's 'Uber'.

Would be interesting to hear comparisons.
    If Uber is anything like this then I'm going to definitely check it out. This was an amazing debut issue. The Ultimates opening issue always held a special place in my heart because of the way they depicted the one WWII battle in such detail and Royals created the same awe. I can't wait to see more of Royals' world and I'm definitely getting the rest of this series as it comes out.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine