Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Fantastic Four #2

Marvel is pleased to present your first look at FANTASTIC FOUR #2 from the blockbuster creative team of James Robinson and Leonard Kirk! Manhattan is under attack by mysterious foes. From a corrupted pocket universe swarms scores of destructive creatures, wreaking untold havoc on the Big Apple! The Fantastic Four are the only ones capable of stopping the swarm. But to achieve that final victory, one of the Fantastic Four must make a terrible sacrifice that will shake the family to their very foundation! The strings continue to be pulled and the pieces are in play for the Fantastic Four's downfall! Don't miss the shocking FANTASTIC FOUR #2 on sale this March!

Full preview here.

I'm interested to see what Robinson and Kirk bring to FF. I enjoy Robinson's writing. The art looks pretty good. The switch from traditional blue to red is interesting.

Hmm, they changed two times of color already in less than 5 years.

Looks like they have trouble finding a new look for them.

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

IMO the red uniforms look too much like the Incredibles.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Not liking the Red , If only Jonny was wearing it, would be ok as it harkens back to his old Red and Yellow outfit, the others should be blue, but maybe it'll grow on me.

This whole Incredibles look....not a good one. They should have stuck to white or blue.

I don't really mind the different costume look. When I first started reading the FF back in the day, it was composed of Mister Fantastic (basic blue costume), Human Torch (red and gold costume), Medusa ( shades of violet costume) and Thing (blue trunks).

The red costumes now are a nice change.

I am gonna be on this book as Robinson is a favorite writer of mine.

Is the first issue out yet?

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Issue #1 comes out Feb 26th
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

is always watching....

I'll be picking this up as I'm a massive fan of James Robinson's work. Not sure about the whole 'fall of the first family' storyline as I'm seriously wondering if there [should the rumours about Wolverine pan out] will be any Marvel heroes left standing in 2015. Will be picking it up, though.

Excited for this! New uniforms look FANTASTIC and Sue looks terrific on that cover.

Reed Richards' Apprentice Miss Fantastic's Avatar
    The Baxter Building (The 34th story, to be precise.)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    IMO the red uniforms look too much like the Incredibles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Series5Ranger View Post
    Not liking the Red , If only Jonny was wearing it, would be ok as it harkens back to his old Red and Yellow outfit, the others should be blue, but maybe it'll grow on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    This whole Incredibles look....not a good one. They should have stuck to white or blue.

THANK YOU!!! I have not been keen on the red/magenta/what have you unstable molecules from very much their introduction day in the articles announcing Robinson's arrival as writer for Fantastic Four. My current mantra in so many words is please, PLEASE bring back the blue (regardless of the gloves, belts, and boots being black/navy blue or white...ALTHOUGH, if Marvel is so hellbent on 'modernizing' the F4's appearance, I still say metallic blue with silver/pewter accessories would be the way to go) AND the '61/traditional logo. Even if blue was not my favorite color for real and with or without my F4 worship, blue is STILL the F4's color, and should remain as such. At least 60-70% of the confabbed Marvel Universe wears red to varying degrees...the F4 so did not need to join that bandwagon. And for the love of Lee and Kirby, don't even get me started on the Incredibles comparisons...
    "Honore et amore" - Richards Family Motto

The Fantastic Cometh!

SHSO - Plastic Fantastic Fungus / Lvl: 2000s / Sigs: Mister Fantastic & The Fantastic Four

i absolutely love the silver/white outfits. these may grow on me, but they didn't instantly connect with the ideas of the Future Foundation as the silver does.

I preferred the white costumes. However, the art is some of Kirk's best to date. Too bad he wasn't drawing this well when he was on X-Factor.

I won't be checking this out, but I hope it's good for those who do!
    Saga UncannyAvengers AmazingXMen AllNewXFactor XForce Magneto Loki Nightcrawler Inhuman Deadpool KevinKeller
    Awaiting: TheWicked&TheDivine

hate that black and red look, too severe. imo their white costumes became instantly iconic, and were their best look ever imo
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia