Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Black Widow #4

This March, the runaway hit of All-New Marvel NOW! continues with another exciting chapter! Marvel is proud to present your first look at BLACK WIDOW #4 from the critically acclaimed creative team of Nathan Edmondson and Phil Noto! From the cold streets of Russia emerges a powerful new villain. Enter - the Hand of God! And the Widow's life will never be the same. Outmatched, outclassed, and outgunned by the Hand of God's sheer brute force, Natasha fights for her life against her merciless new foe. The pieces are in play and the clock is ticking. The Hand of God's globe-spanning terror plot has been activated. Is the Widow enough to stop it? She'll have to survive first! Jump on to the sensational All-New Marvel NOW! series that has everyone talking! Don't miss BLACK WIDOW #4 this March!

Full preview here.

It's a sunny day in Mockba. Gorgeous artwork as usual.
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Looks good. Let's just hope part of this issue doesn't focus on some 'should have seen it coming' element like the last two issues. Still really looking forward to this issue though!

I kind of like seeing Natasha make mistakes from time to time. It makes her much more interesting and complicated. I also think that it's an ongoing theme of this book. She's getting comfortable and complacent (her neighbor, cat, etc) despite her trying not to. It's an interesting new take on her character.

Well, I am glad you think so. Making similar mistakes in back to back issues is not interesting to me. It reminds me of procedural television writing, where the protagonist only pieces clues together at the end of the episode every episode.

That's why I hope she doesn't make a similar mistake in the next issue.
    Last edited by TsaiMeLemoni; 02-13-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Hmmm...Noto's art is much nicer than the earlier previews (which I was iffy about, but no longer.) HoG looks like a lot of fun. I'll wait for the preview with dialog to determine if I'll trade wait on this.

If I like the character in the comics again, I won't complain. It's been a long time.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?