Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: Which Avengers' Romantic Relationship Is Your All-Time Favorite?

Which Avengers' Romantic Relationship Is Your All-Time Favorite?

In honor of Valentine's Day, CBR wants to know which Avengers' romantic relationship is your all-time favorite?

Vote on the poll here.

Voted Hank Pym & Wasp, but I do believe Vision & Scarlet Witch have a pretty good chance of winning this.

Peace

Damn! Hawkeye is a Pimp.

And people say Luke is a cape chaser. Hawkeye may have him beat. lol

Edit:

I voted for Hawkeye and Mockingbird. Love those two crazy kids!
    Last edited by NamorsTrident; 02-13-2014 at 06:58 AM.

I'm just realizing how boring the Avengers pairings have been. I went with Hank and Jan
    Buy The Punisher

I voted Luke & Jessica. Avengers is awful for romance usually.

You know, it only happened for a few issues in 1983-84, but otherwise I say Tony Stark & Janet Van Dyne was a perfect fit. Those two are equally materialistic as they are idealistic.

Hawkeye and Mockinbird. Only relationship I've been invested in.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

Living Tribunal Successor JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The early days of Vision and Scarlet Witch. I loved it whenever danger would befall Wanda and the emotionally constrained synthezoid would lose his (bleep)ing mind.

I'm one of the three who voted for Mantis/Swordman. All the Avengers couples do tend to be boring apart from Scarlet Witch/<insert male avenger here>
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

obvi

cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Vizh and Wanda!!!

They need to get rehitched and dozens of giant posters of their wedding mailed to Byrne.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Odds are, likely far away from you.............or Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkingbird13 View Post
    Hawkeye and Mockinbird. Only relationship I've been invested in.
    Never would've guessed.
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all the time and you'll have the time of your life.

I went with Pym/Wasp. Before he had his breakdown, they actually were pretty cute together.

My least favourite might be Hawkeye/Mockingbird, simply because he overshadowed her so much. I've been reading West Coast Avengers, and at least early on - I'm only about a year in - it feels like a pretty big chunk of her personality was "Hawkeye's wife." It frustrates me, because she's so much better than that. She was actually the cooler part of the pairing, and yet her character was forced to revolve around his, rather than truly being the independent badass she was before that.

Bendis probably voted 80 times in 81 votes Luke cage and Jessica Jones have
    Buy The Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatican View Post
    I went with Pym/Wasp. Before he had his breakdown, they actually were pretty cute together.

My least favourite might be Hawkeye/Mockingbird, simply because he overshadowed her so much. I've been reading West Coast Avengers, and at least early on - I'm only about a year in - it feels like a pretty big chunk of her personality was "Hawkeye's wife." It frustrates me, because she's so much better than that. She was actually the cooler part of the pairing, and yet her character was forced to revolve around his, rather than truly being the independent badass she was before that.
    You still haven't reached HER story arch. By then, the spotlight was mostly on Tigra, Simon and Hank. Mockingbird story really starts to heat up in the Lost in Space Time arc. The sad part is that, when her story really started to be told, it led to the end of their marriage, moistly because Clint was a dick, but there is that. I could see them getting reunited, despite all the drama, but I guess most writers, especially Roy Thomas, who did his best to keep them apart, despite fan outcry, and ended up killing her, didn't want to go this way. (Nothing against Roy. His WCA run was my favorite in the series, but them's the facts.) Not many writers wanted to see Clint grow up and mature.

Peace

They're easily my favourite Avengers couple, and whilst I'm uncertain if the next Avengers film will do anything with it, I hope it encourages the comics to reunite these two together.
    The rule in comics seems to be that unless you're gay, interacial or had the sense to get married in the 60's and have kids before it became out of vogue to marry and grow up, it's not gonna last.