Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Image Announces "Chew"/"Revival" Crossover

John Layman & Rob Guillory's "Chew" will cross paths with Tim Seeley & Mike Norton's "Revival" the May for a smorgasbord of classic crossover madness.

Full article here.

I love Revival (and Tim Seeley) but have only read one issue of Chew. I don't know how I feel about this - but I'm hoping it's fun!
    Hey, Big Two, take your 3.99 books and stick 'em!

I'll probably get it. Not a Revival fan, but it sounds fun and I just ****ing adore Chew.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Sounds like a very interesting cross-over. I'm curious how Seeley's serious tone will gel with Layman's more comic vibe. And Guillory's and Norton's art styles are so different as to be causes for war. I love both of these series. It would be cool to see what happens if Tony tastes reviver flesh, or to see Em face off against Savoy.

Count me in! Chew is a great series. I haven't read Revival. I've heard it's great, I'm not really into zombie books. I like Mr. Seeley's work on Witchblade though. This crossover sounds quite interesting.

I am a huge Chew fan, but I guess I'm a bit hesitant. It's hard to picture Tony being drawn outside of Guillory's cartoon style. I've read a big chunk of Seeley's Hack/Slash and I don't mind it but I don't know if it'll mesh well. Out of left field for sure, but I'll put my faith in Layman and give it a shot. It seems like it'll be a fun experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack80 View Post
    Count me in! Chew is a great series. I haven't read Revival. I've heard it's great, I'm not really into zombie books. I like Mr. Seeley's work on Witchblade though. This crossover sounds quite interesting.
    I wouldn't exactly call Revival a zombie book. More of a "supernatural mystery".

Quote Originally Posted by BigJeff View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call Revival a zombie book. More of a "supernatural mystery".
    Supernatural mystery sounds more appealing. Maybe I'll go pick up the first trade. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack80 View Post
    Supernatural mystery sounds more appealing. Maybe I'll go pick up the first trade. Thanks for the info.
    If you do plan to read Revival, my suggestion is read the first two trades together. The first trade is great but...a little slow. Many readers I know got turned off the comic thanks to the pacing of the first six issues. However, the story picks up momentum from the seventh issue and by the tenth issue it's rushing forward and it's incredible. Give it a shot! Worth it! I have the deluxe edition myself. It is freakin's gorgeous.

P.S. - I'm really looking forward to the crossover. Never read Chew but I've seen bits and pieces of it and like the series a lot. Seems fun!
    Last edited by bloodseeker; 02-26-2014 at 12:04 AM. Reason: added some helpful comments

I cant wait to check this out, I'm a huge fan of chew and when I heard about this a while ago i got revival vol 1 right away to check it out. I'm really enjoying it so far as well! I don't really see how they will blend these worlds the tone is so different, but I think it will be awesome :)