Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Secret Avengers #1

Personalities clash as the bullets (and arrows) fly this March when the high-stakes, action-packed espionage comes to All-New Marvel NOW! with a bang in SECRET AVENGERS #!

Full preview here.

I have been loving Secret Avengers! It has been one the better(if not the best) Avengers books on the stand since launch. However, I'm going to be pretty peeved if Mockingbird is no longer on the roster. I hope she can some how fit in the new series.

Okay. That actually looks like fun. I can see why they went with Walsh on this book.

EDIT: To expand on that, had they had someone like Deodato on art chores I don't think Kot would have been able to include that scene of Hawkeye popping up naked.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 02-12-2014 at 06:57 AM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Probably won't be getting this when it relaunches since they decided to remove the interesting characters
    Buy The Punisher

They're totally setting up The Fury vs Nick Fury, aren't they?

what is Modok doing to Fury on that Deodato cover exactly?

Still waiting to see if Bobbi will be in it. Don't think I'll get it if she isn't. She, Daisy, Maria and Taskmaster are the best part of the current run, and if 3/4 are no longer there, I won't really be interested.
    Bobbi Morse: has been on three Avengers teams, worked for SHIELD, evaded the Skrulls for years, received the super soldier serum and Infinity Formula. Still not even a limited series.

Still enjoying this title, and hoping I can pick up the variant cover....that main cover is hideous.

Looks awesome. I hope this renumbering, or whatever, is as good as the title I've been reading has been...

Cannot wait!

Kot is one of my favorite writers righ now.
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

Hopefully this will kick this book into gear, because I have to say so far I've found it pretty boring and mediocre. I do love so MODOK though!

I'm going along with those who're saying they need a better idea of what the finalized roster will look like until I make a commitment to this book. I liked having Taskmaster (hope he's still alive) Mockingbird & Rhodey as part of the book so if at least one of them makes the cut I'll probably hop on board.

Another thing that's probably worth mentioning is that if this relaunch doesn't see better results (or at bare minimum similar results) as the last one then the Secret Avengers title/franchise will probably be put on the backburner for a year or two.

Interested for the fact that MODOK will be playing a pivotal part, but not sure how I feel about the art for this series. Also, I still haven't figured out why Nick Jr is even important to this series and wish that they'd stop trying to make him "happen."

I'm here for the hitman and the LOLZ.
    NO-ONE WAS RIGHT

Ales Kot can't do wrong.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog