Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Breaking Down the Secrets of Snyder's "Batman" #28

CBR presents a spoiler-filled rundown of the revelations in Scott Snyder, James Tynion & Dustin Nguyen's future-shifted "Batman" #28, a precursor to "Batman: Eternal."

Full article here.

Gggggrrrrr....ugh dammit I was planning to drop Batman all together after zero year but....Carrie Kelly as oracle? I figured after seeing the preview yesterday Harper was Bluebird, and while her origin reminds me of spoiler
    THE CATWOMAN REVEAL REALLY MAKES ME WANT TO KEEP READING

DAMMIT!!!

I'm really interested in catwoman at least more than before.

Great turn for Selina - make her a villain again

those god-damned goggles chipsnopotatoes's Avatar

And they got rid of the ugly goggles and the bed head hair! I like her Anna Wintour hairstyle + spiffy power suit.

What Would Starbuck Do? twincast's Avatar

Some thoughts:

1) I love Harper, but a Batman sidekick with (anime-sized) guns? Really? I kinda dig the name "Bluebird", though.
    2) I hope it's Cullen at the Batcomputer, although other than maybe the hair it doesn't really look like him.
    3) What the hell are you doing, Selina? Then again, you aren't the Selina I know and love after all anyway. At least you're looking mighty fine.
    4) Steph as Spoiler and being important almost has me excited.
    5) Just fix Tim's personality (and outfit, please?), Scott and James, now that he's out of Lobdell's grab, I beg of you. His origin in the New52 may be a fixed disaster for the time being, but I know you can at least do that much.
    Last edited by twincast; 02-12-2014 at 08:00 AM.
    (MWG/CMG/)RPG:
    WH (Fantasy & 40K), D&D 3.5 (Eberron, FR, DS, SJ)/Pathfinder, DSA 4.1, SIFRP, SWRPG Saga Ed., WoD (old & new).
    CCG:
    M:TG, V:TES, Digital Monsters (Hyper Colosseum & Alpha), Yu-Gi-Oh.

Gaaaah! I wanna know what makes Catwoman evil(er?)! did the betrayal happen during forever evil? Or does it take place during batman eternal? why does snyder want my money so muuuuch

I'm surprised nobody's talking about one of the biggest plot issues. There seems to be an "Infection" going on in Gotham. It's possible that Gotham may have been ovverrun with Zombies, that kind of Walking Dead Angle could be really interesting amongst all the other stuff that seems to be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherX View Post
    I'm surprised nobody's talking about one of the biggest plot issues. There seems to be an "Infection" going on in Gotham. It's possible that Gotham may have been ovverrun with Zombies, that kind of Walking Dead Angle could be really interesting amongst all the other stuff that seems to be happening.
    What if Selina is playing the classic hero-playing a villain in order to keep tabs on the real threats or try to control the threats from getting out of hand?

Yeah, I'm not so sure that Selina's evil-turn is genuine. I think that she has some kind of alternate agenda, maybe she's even working for the heroes undercover. So Harper isn't NW, her new codename is cool enough. I'm curious to see who the new Oracle is and STEPHANIE'S BACK!!!!

The name Bluebird is fine, I'm glad it is not Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher284 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not so sure that Selina's evil-turn is genuine. I think that she has some kind of alternate agenda, maybe she's even working for the heroes undercover. So Harper isn't NW, her new codename is cool enough. I'm curious to see who the new Oracle is and STEPHANIE'S BACK!!!!
    Yeah, it's clear she's not 100% evil mastermind. She's definitely taking her job seriously, and running it her way, which is probably why there's a nearly $1billion bounty on her head, because Gotham's more criminal element probably doesn't like the way she does things. Then there's the fact that despite her anger towards him, still worked with Batman.

Bluebird as a codename is no more goofy than something like Black Canary, or Lady Blackhawk, or Black Bat, or Red Robin, etc.

Awesome, super excited to get this issue!

Another sidekick? With guns? Which Batman hates? Selina swithces sides again? And all in 5 years too. The New 52 is idiotic and what the hell has happened to the Batman franchise in general?

Can't anybody just tell a story without having to create new partners or kill off old ones? Or have good guys go bad, etc.?

I am so glad I have not wasted a dollar on this crap and jumped off right before the blasphemy that was bringing Jason Todd back.

What a joke th e Bat frranchise has become. It's like the 50's and 60'2 all over. Giant Bat-family everywhere. Goofy and lame.

Maybe DC and comics in general should start focusing on how to bring back lapsed and casual readers instead of merely cranking out reams of titles that only die-hards will buy.

But then this has become a universe where a clown can walk into a police precint and kill every cop while they scream like errified 6 year old girls.

Everything that's wrong with comics nowadays right in that article.