Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default X-POSITION: Cornell's "Wolverine" Switches Sides

Paul Cornell joins X-Position to discuss the massive status quo shift in Wolverine's world and what to expect for the coming year.

Full article here.

I probably like you. Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I'm into the first issue. I wish the last volume didn't wrap with such a lukewarm ending, but otherwise it's been a very good Wolverine solo.

X-Poster of the Month: December 2012
    X-Poster of the Month: December 2009

The Best There Is At What I Do

I agree, with this X-pos it's pretty cliche for Logan to go full villain but I get the sense this will be different since it involves Logan rediscovering himself and who he really is as a villain.

Chimichanga Devourer DasDeadpool's Avatar

I've never done this before, but I'm going to give this book one more issue and if it doesn't blow me away, I'll drop it. Not because Wolverine going "dark side"- that could be interesting if done right. The no healing factor has been done multiple times and has no appeal to me. The last arc was possibly the worst Wolverine I've read and the reboot's first issue was "meh" at best. Awful characterization and none of the new characters caught my interest. Sorry, but I'll be back when he's recognizable again.

I'm sorry, but this is just stupid. What, Cyclops as a villain wasn't enough? Oh look, he lost his healing factor... again.. -_- I don't really follow or pay attention to the Wolverine solo titles; is this going this affect the rest of the X-books, and if so, how?

Of course that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Right now, Sabretooth has the moral high ground, and that's something that's rocked Logan to the core.
    Really, he has the moral high ground?
    The mass murdering, rapist, cannibal, crimelord has the moral high ground! Fantastic!
    There's really no hope for this book...

When did Wolverine lose his healing factor?

I only remember that High Evolutionary/Sinister story and when it was pretty weak ~1990.

Just end it now and let us forget this ever happened.

I wasn't thrilled with the first issue, and I really loved the last volume, so I hope it gets somewhere. Also I didn't know the Flagship Claremazons would be making an appearance! Yay!
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Ugh....This sucks sooo hard.

So, is this the point where we acknowledge that Cyclops is the winner of the Schism and the X-men who sided with a feral killer can join the guy who is actually proactively trying to make the mutant cause better by defending humans and mutants alike from racists and bigots? I mean, Scott killed Xavier, and that sucks, but dude CLEARLY regrets it, and it's not like Logan's never murdered someone in cold blood/heat of the moment/under possession from an outside force. And wasn't X-Force - a squad started by Cyclops to kill threats to mutant-kind - shut down by the guy who started them up and then kept going in secret by Wolverine, leading to the mess and chaos in Uncanny Avengers? And wasn't the current shattering of the timestream - and the entire Builder/Incursion debacle in Avengers - caused by Logan time-travelling back to kill Hank Pym because that's Logan's answer to everything...EXCEPT when he's trying to make Cyclops look bad to other heroes to deflect from his own failings? And wasn't Wolverine the guy who was going to kill an innocent 16 year old girl to stop the Phoenix - a decision that could have led the Phoenix to wiping the earth clean of ALL life without a host to contain it?

I will never understand why Scott killing Xavier while possessed by an entity KNOWN to make it's hosts go homicidal is somehow worse than Logan killing Jean Grey/Northstar/anyone-he-wants over the years in dozens of different realities. Maybe this will finally be the moment when people stop acting like Wolverine's side of the Schism makes any sense in the context of the Marvel U's history/the history of the characters involved.
    Last edited by zinderel; 02-11-2014 at 09:56 PM.
    Whenever a theory appears to you as the only possible one, take this as a sign that you have neither understood the theory nor the problem which it was intended to solve.

Take the Seething Cycho Butthurt where it belongs plz; somewhere else.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    So, is this the point where we acknowledge that Cyclops is the winner of the Schism and the X-men who sided with a feral killer can join the guy who is actually proactively trying to make the mutant cause better by defending humans and mutants alike from racists and bigots? I mean, Scott killed Xavier, and that sucks, but dude CLEARLY regrets it, and it's not like Logan's never murdered someone in cold blood/heat of the moment/under possession from an outside force. And wasn't X-Force - a squad started by Cyclops to kill threats to mutant-kind - shut down by the guy who started them up and then kept going in secret by Wolverine, leading to the mess and chaos in Uncanny Avengers? And wasn't the current shattering of the timestream - and the entire Builder/Incursion debacle in Avengers - caused by Logan time-travelling back to kill Hank Pym because that's Logan's answer to everything...EXCEPT when he's trying to make Cyclops look bad to other heroes to deflect from his own failings? And wasn't Wolverine the guy who was going to kill an innocent 16 year old girl to stop the Phoenix - a decision that could have led the Phoenix to wiping the earth clean of ALL life without a host to contain it?

I will never understand why Scott killing Xavier while possessed by an entity KNOWN to make it's hosts go homicidal is somehow worse than Logan killing Jean Grey/Northstar/anyone-he-wants over the years in dozens of different realities. Maybe this will finally be the moment when people stop acting like Wolverine's side of the Schism makes any sense in the context of the Marvel U's history/the history of the characters involved.
    Perhaps you need something to eat.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

I actually love this. Nice guy Wolverine makes me nauseous, dirty mercenary Wolverine is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianWayne View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is just stupid. What, Cyclops as a villain wasn't enough? Oh look, he lost his healing factor... again.. -_- I don't really follow or pay attention to the Wolverine solo titles; is this going this affect the rest of the X-books, and if so, how?

Of course that's just, like, my opinion, man.
    When did Cyclops ever become a villain? All he's become is kinda useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota View Post
    Really, he has the moral high ground?
    The mass murdering, rapist, cannibal, crimelord has the moral high ground! Fantastic!
    There's really no hope for this book...
    As if Wolverine doesn't have those under his belt? Did you read their confrontation? Wolverine is directly responsible for the massacre of hundreds of people because of his feral rage and desire to prove himself in combat and yet he's routinely allowed to do it because he wears a mask and calls himself a hero. Truth be told, in the past few years in Marvel time, Wolverine might be responsible for more civilian deaths, even indirectly, than Sabretooth. Hell, the dude killed his own children due to his slash first and ask questions later attitude.