Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Pipeline - Feb 11, 2014

Augie praises "Black Science" as being one of the rare comics he can't find fault with. Why settle for any less?

Full article here.

Preach it, bruthuh.

I agree that we shouldn't settle for mediocre comics or entertainment. That's why I love East of West, Saga, Five Ghosts, TMNT, etc. Black Science didn't do too much for me in the first two issues, but I'm glad you enjoy it so much!

Chris Burnham said it best
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Chris Burnham said it best
    "I don't get it" LOL this post had me rolling.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

I'm 3 issues in and I'm digging this series so far. It does move at a very fast pace and I like how in the first few issues we've got the backstory at the same time as the current story. I'll be hanging around to see where this goes. I'm hoping to see some really freaky worlds!
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

I like Black Science so far, I don't love it. The first issue featured one of those weird biology goofs in fantasy and sci-fi that is a bit of a pet peeve of mine-a fish species whose females have breasts-why do species that reproduce via eggs and don't nurse their young have mammary glands? See it all the time with female dragonfolk in fantasy and other places. If it's any kind of sci-fi, the science should at least be plausible and fish dancing girls flies in the face of it for me. Yes it's a nit pick, and yes it's another world, or dimension, but I prefer the science in sci-fi to start with correct premises before extrapolating and the biology is just wrong. It just feels sloppy and like let's go with "what's kewl" writing and art rather than a serious attempt to tell a sci-fi story that extrapolates way out stuff from the possible if unlikely elements. But other than that quirk, I mostly enjoyed the book, but found it far from flawless.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

I don't have a problem with that at all. Heck we don't have any idea how they reproduce. Maybe they are fishy looking mammals. Maybe theres no such distinction in that dimension. This isn't hard sci-fi, its pulp sci-fi...

I'm enjoying BS fine. I want it to lean heavily in the "wild alien dimension" direction rather than the "alternate earth history" direction though. More of issue 1 and less of issue 2 and 3 for me...

To me it just smacks of unoriginality of design, can't be bothered to figure out how another species would look as a biped unless they have human/mammalian attributes, and an overriding need to just have "boobs" in the comic to please the audience/creators for absolutely no real story or science-based reason. But that's just me, and I know it's a personal pet peeve.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco