Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Sif Meets Lola in Upcoming "Agents of SHIELD" Episode

The first image from Jaimie Alexander's upcoming guest appearance on "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" features Sif and Agent Coulson's flying car.

Full article here.

Sounds like this might end up being the episode that the Thor: the Dark World aftermath episode should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Infestor View Post
    Sounds like this might end up being the episode that the Thor: the Dark World aftermath episode should have been.
    Optimism, that's good. I like it. I'm just afraid that if this episode does badly in reviews again, they might just decide to stop doing episodes with guest stars. And the Winter Soldier movie is almost out too. That movie has the most potential for a Agents of Shield tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    Optimism, that's good. I like it. I'm just afraid that if this episode does badly in reviews again, they might just decide to stop doing episodes with guest stars. And the Winter Soldier movie is almost out too. That movie has the most potential for a Agents of Shield tie-in.
    I imagine that we'll be seeing a lot more of the SHIELD organization after Cap hits. I think they were holding back on it so as not to steal the movie's thunder. Considering that, I think the tie-ins will only increase from here. Plus the series has been better received by everyone of late. Hey really have picked up in quality lately and it's great!
    Looking for artists, know I won't find any. That blows.

If they are looking for ways to tie the show in more closely with the Marvel universe, Sif seems an odd choice. Yes, she is part of that universe, but in general Asgard and SHIELD don't interact all that much in the comics. I think folks like U.S. Agent or Stingray or some of the residents of Project Pegasus might make a bit more sense, but I understand that Sif brings with her a lot more star power.

Quote Originally Posted by Infestor View Post
    Meh. Jamie Alexander is hot and all, but she's no Peter MacNicol.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by electr1cgoblin View Post
    If they are looking for ways to tie the show in more closely with the Marvel universe, Sif seems an odd choice.
    They are not trying to tie it more to the Marvel Universe. They're trying to tie it more to the Marvel Movie Universe. Less than 1% of the audience has even heard of US Agent or Stingray. Those that have heard of Stingray have heard only of the Gerry Anderson show.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

What's Best For Business Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Meh. Jamie Alexander is hot and all, but she's no Peter MacNicol.
    Yeah, but honestly, who is?

ShaunN

Jaime Alexander is a lot better than Peter MacNicol, in my view. Not talking about the actors, just the characters. Sif is part of the Asgardian hierarchy and has the potential to bring this show to a higher level. As it was, MacNicol's character's appearance illustrated part of what is wrong with AoS - the sense that it is the very poor, pedestrian cousin to the much more important and elaborate Marvel movie universe. AoS needs a resident superhuman or two, people who are really formidable. Hopefully Skye is moving in that direction.