Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Black Widow, #3

Natasha makes a fatal mistake that she must go to extreme lengths to correct in Nathan Edmondson and Phil Noto's "Black Widow" #3.

Full review here.

While I'm totally loving the series so far, I didn't find her "mistake" believable, to the point it nearly ruined the issue for me. Even without all of the implied mission prep she does, not to mention the research done by her manager, it sounds like she should have known who the individual in question was from the get go.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Im enjoying how each issue can stand on its own in this series. Its refreshing.

Loved.

Fingers crossed to see Noto drawing Yelena Belova. The guy knows how to draw women...
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

This was a cool issue, but it was ruined by the pathetic, dumb, borderline racist way in which Argentina and its geography was presented. Apparently, all of South America (including sub-polar, desertic regions such as the argentinian Patagonia) are covered by tropical and equatorial jungles, and the entire continent is populated with mustachioed mexican stereotypes.

In the age of easy access to knowledge, this is inexcusable.
    Last edited by LeandroMD; 02-10-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeandroMD View Post
    This was a cool issue, but it was ruined by the pathetic, dumb, borderline racist way in which Argentina and its geography was presented. Apparently, all of South America (including sub-polar regions) are covered by tropical and equatorial jungles, and the entire continent is populated with mustachioed mexican stereotypes.
    Yeah. Same for Brazil.

My country is not just jungles and "favelas".
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.

We're three issues in and even though I'm not sure where this book is going yet I'm definitely on board for the first arc or two (at least.) The art is fantastic. This is not Hawkeye or Daredevil but if you're already reading those and want another Marvel title, I would recommend this.
    Current Favorites:
    Saga / Manhattan Projects / East of West / Zero / Hawkeye / Alex + Ada / The Wake