Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Batman #28 Preview/Discussion

This special "flash-forward" issue of BATMAN offers a glimpse into the future of Gotham City and gives readers a taste of what to expect when BATMAN ETERNAL launches later this year!

Full article here.

---

Not a whole lot of spoilers, Harper Row, Gotham is in a curfew, and the way Nguyen draws Harper's hair mixed with other elements like the backpack pretty much confirms that was Harper in that character design we saw, you know... if anyone still doubted that.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Ahhh, let the s#%t storm begin!

I just hope she's not Nightwing.
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

Yeah, her hair pretty much confirms it. I guess she shaves the rest of her hair off expect for that black bit at the top in the issue, or at least I hope she does. Her hair there looks like she tried to cut it herself... in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, her hair pretty much confirms it. I guess she shaves the rest of her hair off expect for that black bit at the top in the issue, or at least I hope she does. Her hair there looks like she tried to cut it herself... in the dark.
    I honestly think it was just a design thing, the bald could have just been how Nguyen came up with the design, and went back to her normal hair when it came time to draw the actual book.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't know if it was in the dark, but she did cut her own hair. In Batman #12.
    "CBR. Complain, b**ch, and rant." - Greg Capullo

messageboard hyperbole is laughably bad, by a country mile. :rolls eyes:

Damn it, Gotham, can't you go a month without either being under siege or under curfew?
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

BANNED

I think this is the post-Forever Evil Gotham. Gordon is in jail for aiding Batman. Bruce's identity is blown and Batman is a terrorist. Dick Grayson is probably in worse shape.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    I think this is the post-Forever Evil Gotham. Gordon is in jail for aiding Batman. Bruce's identity is blown and Batman is a terrorist. Dick Grayson is probably in worse shape.
    Something like that seems plausible. I won't go with Bruce's identity being blown. Logical as that would be, it seems a bridge too far for DC. It does give some support to those "Outlaw Justice" rumors we got a while back, with Dick and others being on the run.

Lurker

The curfew/Gotham in tough times with security cams and riot gear police is exciting and I'm curious to see where things are going in that direction. Big fan of Grayson/Nightwing so anybody taking over the Nightwing persona will be a tough sell but Harper is a real tough sell. I hoped there was a far off chance that Steph might be the new Nightwing but I'll still continue to read and give Snyder a chance to make me like Harper.

I usually like Nguyen but his work here doesn't seem as clean as usual. More akin to Jock's work, not a good thing.
    The early bird catches the worm, then again the early worm gets eaten first!

BANNED

Maybe Dick will end up in prison?

Imagine every single criminal he ever injured suddenly filing assault charges against him.

Yes!!! I knew I was on to something back at Batman Issue 18 and Detective Comics Issue 21! Bring on the new vigilante!

Gave it some thought, the issue can't refer to her as Nightwing because that would spoil the ending of Forever Evil and Nightwing. So either she won't have a code-name just yet or Harper is going by a different name. Suggestions off the top of my head? Bluejay, Jaybird, King Fisher, Crow.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    Maybe Dick will end up in prison?

Imagine every single criminal he ever injured suddenly filing assault charges against him.
    Actually, I'm going to go against the current and say she's breaking Alfred out. She probably figured out a relationship between Batman and Alfred, but she's doing it to pay him back for what happened at the Wayne Gala back in Batman Issue 12. Or something that'll happen in Batman Eternal. All I know is that I'm really happy right now.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Harper as Nightwing, uhg...

If Tomasi isn't going to use Carrie Kelley, Snyder should take her and team her up with Harper.
    The "Son of Batman" movie reminded me of the first reason I hated Grant Morrison's Batman run: Talia raped Batman and got away with it.

Otaku Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by penguintruth View Post
    If Tomasi isn't going to use Carrie Kelley, Snyder should take her and team her up with Harper.
    Oh, double ugh.

I'd rather have Harper and Carrie around than Stephanie Brown.

Otaku Revolution