Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Justice League of America, #12

A devastating battle against Despero begins as Manhunter and Stargirl arrive in San Francisco to save Stargirl's family from Firestorm's fallout!

Full article here.

they better not have killed off STRIPE

I really wish they'd give Courtney a new costume. That belly shirt is so dated.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    I really wish they'd give Courtney a new costume. That belly shirt is so dated.
    They looked to fill it in with JLU, but now it has the problem that Power Girl's first New 52 costume had, where it has no real break in color or design, so it just looks like a pajamas onesies, which is equally as bad looking in my book.
    Last edited by FHIZ; 02-10-2014 at 06:59 AM.

I'm liking the development they're giving Stargirl. She's become a real kick ass hero, everything we hope Supergirl becomes after she gets all her rage out with the Red Lanterns.

I'm enjoying Kindt's story, but I can't help but feel that this series at this point would benefit massively from a single artist. I have nothing against Barrows, Ferriera and Silva, but the art is the weakest part of this series.
    "Bruce, you have the creepiest smile!"

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    They looked to fill it in with JLU, but now it has the problem that Power Girl's first New 52 costume had, where it has no real break in color or design, so it just looks like a pajamas onesies, which is equally as bad looking in my book.
    It could be that a more thorough redesign is in order. instead of just turning her shorts into full-length leggings, which is what they effectively did.

Quote Originally Posted by RKitch View Post
    I'm enjoying Kindt's story, but I can't help but feel that this series at this point would benefit massively from a single artist. I have nothing against Barrows, Ferriera and Silva, but the art is the weakest part of this series.
    Forever Evil, the impending relaunches and DC's commitment to shipping on time regardless of quality is taking it's toll. Things should be righted in a few more months.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'O_R'hon View Post
    I'm liking the development they're giving Stargirl. She's become a real kick ass hero, everything we hope Supergirl becomes after she gets all her rage out with the Red Lanterns.
    Supergirl will probably have her act together after the death of Superman later this year

Quote Originally Posted by RKitch View Post
    Well, I'm not really digging this story, but the art inconsistency had been really bothering me, contributing a lot to me not seeing this one through. Looking back on it, Barrows rarely completed a single issue in any of his New 52 work.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Well, I'm not really digging this story, but the art inconsistency had been really bothering me, contributing a lot to me not seeing this one through. Looking back on it, Barrows rarely completed a single issue in any of his New 52 work.
    Which is kind of ironic considering he was one of the staple artists on 52. And the story's good, it just has a weird way of flowing. It could be a lot better, but it's so non-linear at all, and part of it's probably because Stargirl was just thrown into the JLA without any backstory or other character development. It's times like this DC Universe Presents would have been a strong point. She should have at least gotten an issue to establish something.

The structure is a little wonky to be sure. That being said, it's giving Stargirl some more character development/motivation. Since I really like Stargirl, this is A-ok in my book.

Exactly. I'm loving the Stargirl development, I just wish this had already been done. It's definitely an interesting story and could work fantastically, but like I said, the art keeps it from truly shining.

I actually liked her old costume. To me, the pants upset the colour balance. The story's been pretty 'meh' to me. The only reason I'm still reading is because I'm a fan of Stargirl.
    There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day.

Honestly, while the story's not bad, I probably never would've bought this had it not been Justice League of America. It feels like a Stargirl mini-series to me more than anything else.

Forever Evil really derailed this title, in my opinion. It was my favorite book from DC for the first arc or so, but about midway through "Trinity War" it started going down hill fast, and it hasn't looked back since. Just another case of DC seeming kind of scatter-shot in their planning. The promise of such an odd cast of characters thrown together and slowly gelling over time was a great hook, but instead of following through, DC almost immediately blew it up, creative team and all. Disappointing.

Hoping Justice League United puts it back on the top of my read pile.
    Check out my Hawkman Blog:The Stonechat Museum!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Honestly, while the story's not bad, I probably never would've bought this had it not been Justice League of America. It feels like a Stargirl mini-series to me more than anything else.

Forever Evil really derailed this title, in my opinion. It was my favorite book from DC for the first arc or so, but about midway through "Trinity War" it started going down hill fast, and it hasn't looked back since. Just another case of DC seeming kind of scatter-shot in their planning. The promise of such an odd cast of characters thrown together and slowly gelling over time was a great hook, but instead of following through, DC almost immediately blew it up, creative team and all. Disappointing.

Hoping Justice League United puts it back on the top of my read pile.
    Even the first arc was a set-up for Trinity War, since that's where we first saw the Outsider and the Secret Society. This book was a missed opportunity because it never had a chance to form an identity.