Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by seaturkey View Post
    I think you guys are really under estimating Dark Man here. In both the nolan and burton Batman films, Batman is shown as having serious trouble against guys that outclass him in strength. For burton's batman, when he goes to get the joker in the bell tower, he's met by a large goon of the joker's who's kicking the absolute shit outta him, even throwing batman down the bell tower shaft (only to find that batman had caught the ledge of the shaft saving himself and then surprising the goon throwing him down the shaft instead) and batman got his shit wrecked against Bane in their first encounter.

Batman's advantages lie in his ability to use stealth and his surroundings, but as shown in both films, if you take those away and force batman to fight man to man, he can be beat. Particularly by bigger/stronger opponents and Dark Man would be by far the biggest/strongest guy he'd have faced.

In conclusion, I'd say that with the element of surprise Batman, but if Dark Man can set up Bats to negate the surprise factor Dark Man.
    That's not true. He uses it at certain points and it almost always works for the first attacker.
    Last edited by AdvanceBushido; 02-18-2014 at 12:35 AM.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -Confucius

I think you guys are really under estimating Dark Man here. In both the nolan and burton Batman films, Batman is shown as having serious trouble against guys that outclass him in strength. For burton's batman, when he goes to get the joker in the bell tower, he's met by a large goon of the joker's who's kicking the absolute shit outta him, even throwing batman down the bell tower shaft (only to find that batman had caught the ledge of the shaft saving himself and then surprising the goon throwing him down the shaft instead) and batman got his shit wrecked against Bane in their first encounter.

Batman's advantages lie in his ability to use stealth and his surroundings, but as shown in both films, if you take those away and force batman to fight man to man, he can be beat. Particularly by bigger/stronger opponents and Dark Man would be by far the biggest/strongest guy he'd have faced.

In conclusion, I'd say that with the element of surprise Batman, but if Dark Man can set up Bats to negate the surprise factor Dark Man.
    That's because the big guy at the end of the 89 Batman movie was, although not a martial artist, a skilled brawler. He wasn't just casually knocking bats around like Juggernaut vs a regular guy or something. I'm pretty sure he blocked a few times and he took a stance like he actually knew something about fighting, maybe boxing.

In Batman Returns Batman knocks the big circus guy down the manhole with a single hit.

And Batman Begins practicly opens with Bruce Wayne, who isn't even Batman yet, beating the ever loving heck out of some really big dude in a prison, plus about a half-dozen of his friends at the same time. He wasn't just winning either, the prison guards had to stop him because they were worried for the safety of all the guys he was fighting.

And the fight that he lost to Bane was actually a fairly long fight and while Bane may have maintained the clear advantage throughout the fight, its not like Bruce wasn't able to put up a fight. And plus, Bruce won the rematch, despite being further injured inbetween.

For burton's batman, when he goes to get the joker in the bell tower, he's met by a large goon of the joker's who's kicking the absolute shit outta him, even throwing batman down the bell tower shaft (only to find that batman had caught the ledge of the shaft saving himself and then surprising the goon throwing him down the shaft instead) and batman got his shit wrecked against Bane in their first encounter.
    Burton Batman had just survived his Batplane crashing in the city. He was far from 100%; it even shows him stumbling around.

Has anybody watched the Darkman films more recently? because i cant remember what his best strength feats are.

What does come to mind...

The carnival scene.

Him killing a guy from 10 paces by throwing a sewer lid like a frisbee.

Getting his arm riveted to an i-beam and ripping out the rivets in seconds.

Megalomaniac dictators owe their careers to bullies (credit to Overmaster)

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's habitual, but anyone below cage fighter level is likely to get my scrotum in their face at some point. - Sir Fury

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

I just wanna note that Keaton Batman is by far the best detective out of any of the Batmans; he unravels the Joker's entire plot in the second act without so much as donning his cowl, and it's only a last minute narrative contrivance that allows Joker to continue being a threat at all. Plus he's got that one bullet time feat.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I just wanna note that Keaton Batman is by far the best detective out of any of the Batmans; he unravels the Joker's entire plot in the second act without so much as donning his cowl, and it's only a last minute narrative contrivance that allows Joker to continue being a threat at all. Plus he's got that one bullet time feat.
    He also has no compunctions about killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    He also has no compunctions about killing.
    Not just that, but he's really good at it.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Not just that, but he's really good at it.
    Yes, like when he sent the Batmobile to blow up that factory full of Joker's henchmen. He also likes to set people ablaze as seen in the second movie.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    That's what I found hilarious, that Nolanverse doesn't do anything like, oh, I don't know, question a series of suspicious stock transactions in the midsts of a terrorist strike when all they had to do was go back on security films and see that Bruce Wayne wasn't even in the building, it was Bane. That whole scene made no sense to me.
    Lucius Fox said that it would be investigated, but Bruce's money would be completely tied up during that time, and his position in the company would be challenged. His plan was to let ((Talia)) control his company then and there because he was more worried about the arc reactor he built than anything else at the moment. Then a bunch of other crap happened, and at the end, he decided to grow up and get over his issues and just let Batman die, and Bruce Wayne along with him, with what he had left donated to charity.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

What amuses me about Keaton Batman killing is that I'm pretty sure he causes less property damage/hurts fewer bystanders-that-we-don't-see than any other movie Batman. He actually seems to want to solve problems rather than just play superhero, further evidenced by the fact that he does his best crime fighting as Bruce Wayne.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    What amuses me about Keaton Batman killing is that I'm pretty sure he causes less property damage/hurts fewer bystanders-that-we-don't-see than any other movie Batman. He actually seems to want to solve problems rather than just play superhero, further evidenced by the fact that he does his best crime fighting as Bruce Wayne.
    Seriously? He blows up buildings, burns stores and fires aircraft mounting gattling guns and rockets in the middle of downtown to get one guy(and misses every shot despite having an electronic targeting system). Oh yeah, and he sets off explosives under the street. And his plan to get Penquin? Mass volley rocket fire into an abandoned amusement park(he was just lucky no kids had snuck in that night).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan8572 View Post
    Seriously? He blows up buildings, burns stores and fires aircraft mounting gattling guns and rockets in the middle of downtown to get one guy(and misses every shot despite having an electronic targeting system). Oh yeah, and he sets off explosives under the street. And his plan to get Penquin? Mass volley rocket fire into an abandoned amusement park(he was just lucky no kids had snuck in that night).
    "Kids ... kids are just in the way of JUSTICE!"
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

You're right. Keaton Batman was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    You're right. Keaton Batman was awesome.
    Oh yeah, definitely, I loved those movies. But seriously, the idea that he is less destructive than Bale Batman is ridiculous.

Oh yeah, definitely, I loved those movies. But seriously, the idea that he is less destructive than Bale Batman is ridiculous.
    Perhaps. But at least he was honest about it. He didn't blow up a building full of ninjas or play demolition derby with the entire Gotham PD and then try to claim he doesn't kill anybody.
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.