Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

You know to the guy before me me, id buy a book based on something similar to the YJ Runaways, modernized versions of those old Super Friends characters, JLU and YJ showed it could be done just fine.

As for characters I want to see used

Miss Martian, well I just love her she's one of my favorite superheroines and I really want her to be in things again. I just dread that they would ruin her as they've ruined a bunch of other teen hero's I love

Shayera Thal, I really think Prime Earth need's a Hawkwoman/girl, to me Hawkman is incomplete without a Hawkwoman (and if we just had Hawkwoman she'd be incomplete without Hawkman) They are a pair, I can accept Hawkgirl alone on Earth 2 but I have a harder time accepting just one Hawk on the Main earth.

Kaldur, and Garth, and Lorena, give me some young Aquapeople DC, I like having an extensive Aquaman family.
    Golden Eagle, why the hell not

Cassandra Cain, The best Batgirl of them all.

Cyclone, I have a thing for bubbly red headed girls ok.

Jade and Obsidian, I have no freaking idea how but yes.

Kid Devil, He's a lot of fun and I loved his friendship with Miss Martian, I want to see that happen again in the new 52
    Last edited by Galosengen; 02-18-2014 at 09:21 PM.

The Ultimen

Longshadow

Wind Dragon

Juice

Last edited by KaiserLeomon; 02-19-2014 at 02:50 AM.

El Brujo

Downpour and Shifter

Last edited by KaiserLeomon; 02-19-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galosengen View Post
    You know to the guy before me me, id buy a book based on something similar to the YJ Runaways, modernized versions of those old Super Friends characters, JLU and YJ showed it could be done just fine.\
    Yep, been suggesting it for a while - http://forums.comicbookresources.com...-Super-Friends
    And - http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post16819933

Not a big fan of El Brujo above(reminds me of DCs horrid Extrano), prefer the runaways incarnation as Eduardo Dorado, if he needed a hero ID maybe go with Desperado.(a bit more in tune with the runways/fugitive theme)
    Also I'd hope instead of replacing they should keep Wind Dragon AKA(Samurai) as one of the original Hanna Barbera four, but maybe add his sister Asami Koizumi from Runaways. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...pwr3GxGMw#t=8s

If Marvel and Simone can revive Spider-Friends, http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=50964
    DC needs to finally own up to the Super Friends.
    Last edited by Guicho; 02-19-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Doom Patrol

Ambush Bug , Beast Boy , Bumblebee , Celsius , Crazy Jane , Danny the Street , Dusty , Elasti-Woman , Faith , Fast Foward , Fever , Grunt , Joshua Clay , Karma , Kid Slick , Mento , Negative Man , Robotman , Scott Fisher , The Chief , Vox

Quote Originally Posted by Guicho View Post
    . . . And just a preemptive...
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, as I've pointed out REPEATEDLY, DC just had a book with Static.

It was a FAILURE!

Why the f#@& should they launch a new Static book this soon?!?
    They can only go up from there.
    Not true. A new version could always sell less than the one that came out in September of 2011.
    (That one had sales/orders of 34,000 copies through Diamond . . . the book was down to 10,102 copies through Diamond by issue #8. You can guarantee a new book won't do worse than that?)
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Yeah I was talking about the Hanna Barbera created Superfriends characters presence, a tongue in cheek sarcastic borrowing of the above quoted "proven potential" argument which obviously referred to Static's successful cartoon presence. Then jokingly applying it ["proven potential"] to these Superfriends characters.

The sarcasm was that you would use your big bold red failure! argument against what were obviously failed cartoon characters. Unlike Static.
    The joke "They can only go up from there." = up from the Superfiends.
    Not surprising this was all completely lost on you with you're bizarre blind obsession to campaign against Static here.

Anyway....
    - The other (not so magnificent) Seven!

3 cartoons so far have championed them, DC needs to finally own up to them too - https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...pwr3GxGMw#t=8s
    Last edited by Guicho; 02-19-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Yeah I was talking about the Hanna Barbera created Superfriends characters presence, a tongue in cheek sarcastic borrowing of the above quoted "proven potential" argument which obviously referred to Static's successful cartoon presence. Then jokingly applying it ["proven potential"] to these Superfriends characters.

The sarcasm was that you would use your big bold red failure! argument against what were obviously failed cartoon characters. Unlike Static.
    The joke "They can only go up from there." = up from the Superfiends.
    Not surprising this was all completely lost on you with you're bizarre blind obsession to campaign against Static here.

Anyway - The other (not so magnificent) Seven!
    I have no idea why you're trying to tie my comments to something I wasn't talking about.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if DC tried to do something with those Super Friends characters . . . maybe even in a kid-friendly book outside the world of the New 52?

I only keeping talking about Static because everybody keeps whining about "Oh, they should bring Static back . . . he needs a book . . . I would definitely buy it . . . I know it would be a success!" Well, they did give Static a book . . . as mentioned, not enough people bought it to support it. There is no good reason why DC should try again so soon unless they had a new proposal that sounded like it would be a sure-fire winner, and it would probably need support from some big-name writers and artists who would either do the book themselves or find ways to give the book enough support elsewhere to get people to buy the damn thing.

I'd LIKE DC to come up with a way to do that . . I LIKE the character. But there are plenty of other characters DC hasn't given a book to that probably would be more deserving than Static after the last screw-up.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if DC tried to do something with those Super Friends characters . . . maybe even in a kid-friendly book outside the world of the New 52?
    Yeah there's a tendency for creators trying to convince themselves they are badass extreme!, by being ridiculously hate filled, dark and cynical about these type of characters.
    Remember Wonderdog killing Marvin and crippling Wendy.

That said, there is plenty to mock about these cliche characters, but they appeared when, and how they did for a reason. There is room to update them (as both JLU's Ultimen & YJ's Runaways showed) and have them fit into contemporary story telling though, without being to cynical or dark about it.

Hanna Barbera creations in general might lend themselves better to a more kid friendly universe, but with genuine updates as far as unused heroes, maybe they could work in DC proper.
    Last edited by Guicho; 02-27-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Yeah there's a tendency for creators trying to convince themselves they are badass extreme!, by being ridiculously hate filled, dark and cynical about these type of characters.
    Remember Wonderdog killing Marvin and crippling Wendy.

Actually, I (thankfully) wasn't following comic books regularly during that time . . . I missed / avoided most of what happened between1995 and 2010.

Thought of this character last night. This is a character / concept that I really enjoyed in the past and would love to see it explored again.

ROSE AND THE THORN.

The idea of a multiple personality being a hero and the other personality(ies) not knowing just is fun for me. Loved the original version that ran in the back of the old LOIS LANE series!

I know the concept was given a limited series a few years back but it may be time to dust her off and give it another shot!!

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Thought of this character last night. This is a character / concept that I really enjoyed in the past and would love to see it explored again.

ROSE AND THE THORN.

The idea of a multiple personality being a hero and the other personality(ies) not knowing just is fun for me. Loved the original version that ran in the back of the old LOIS LANE series!

I know the concept was given a limited series a few years back but it may be time to dust her off and give it another shot!!
    Maybe she would have been an interesting addition to Birds of Prey?

Maybe she would have been an interesting addition to Birds of Prey?
    I definately think she would have. During Gail's original run on the series, there were definate hints that she could be involved, at one point even working in Dinah's flower shop!!