Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revolt!!!!

Default Revolt!!!!

We are going to start the Indigogo campaign to raise funds to establish our company Revolt Comics.
    http://igg.me/p/666923/x/6249233
    Help us make it a reality. Very cool prices to those who pledge!
    Revoltflyer4x6.jpg

Wow, this looks awesome... I can't wait to see the comic's you all create :D

Quote Originally Posted by Korey Barton View Post
    Wow, this looks awesome... I can't wait to see the comic's you all create :D

Here is a small sample of the trading cards and posters we will be offering to those who pledge.

cardspromo.jpg
    1797195_10153756699650181_210569613_n-1.jpg
    1624580_10153756699720181_1096553257_n.jpg

Another rewards for those who pledge in our campaign
    Malefactor's Cosmic Guide. Supplies are very, very limited.

Well here is a preview of the upcoming pages of Revolt's Showcase #1 and #2
    Deadly Rose

Son's of Ael

Good work, really unique

That's not bad at all. Nice looking artwork, and its always good to see the inks underneath the painted finish.

The lettering seems a bit big maybe? The pages you've shown aren't very dialog heavy, but at that scale you could find yourself getting pushed for space when it gets wordier. I also found lettering much easier once I ditched oval speech bubbles like you're using for a squarer "flour-bag" shape. That made it easier to place the text within bubbles, and place the bubbles on the page.

That said, what you've done looks good, and you know how much dialog lies ahead.

I wish you all the best with this venture.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mike 2000 View Post
    That's not bad at all. Nice looking artwork, and its always good to see the inks underneath the painted finish.

The lettering seems a bit big maybe? The pages you've shown aren't very dialog heavy, but at that scale you could find yourself getting pushed for space when it gets wordier. I also found lettering much easier once I ditched oval speech bubbles like you're using for a squarer "flour-bag" shape. That made it easier to place the text within bubbles, and place the bubbles on the page.

That said, what you've done looks good, and you know how much dialog lies ahead.

I wish you all the best with this venture.
    Thanks to RAN ink!
    Very insightful advise Dr. Mike. I'll pass it on to our letters.

During the course of our campaign...

We’ve been asked questions like;
    What is the money going to be used for? What’s your company all about? Etc.

I’m going to attempt to answer a few of them today.

Revolt Comics is the brainchild of three aficionados who are lucky enough to be blessed with the talent to make wonderful books come to fruition. However, the manufacturing, distribution and promotional cost of Comic books are staggeringly high.

Production:

The estimated production value of a comic book is as follows:
    A Writer charges $20.00 a page. For a 24 page comic that’s an average of $480.00.

A “penciller” charges an average of $40.00 a page for a sum total of $960.00 for a 24 pages book.

For an inker is $20.00 a page for a sum total of $480.00 and for a “colorist” is $30.00 a page for a total of $720.00.

Other charges like editorial and lettering can reach up to $240.00 each. The production value of a single 24 page book can reach up to $2,800.00

Please remember that these sums are an approximated amount. Some are significantly low.

Printing:
    The average cost of printing a 24 pages comic is $2.72 per unit according to the ka-blam.com calculator. For a $3.99 cover priced comic, that will give you a $1.27 profit margin.

In our next, update will talk about the costs of Promoting and distribution, Digital vs paper and comic conventions.
    We found sponsors to aid our quest; however, we still need your help to fulfill our goal. We are asking for $2,500 to finish our goal. We are giving away lots of cool stuff to those who pledge. So come join the next revolution in Comics. REVOLT!

As promised here are some of the rates and alternatives when it comes to…
    Promoting and distribution:
    Ka-blam offers to sell your books at their website http://www.indyplanet.com/
    However, the customers interested in your books will also have to pay shipping and handling in order to get your comic.
    Digital distribution of the comic is also expensive. Websites like Comixology charge 60% off the cover price in order to distribute your book.

The best ways to promote and distribute your book are comic conventions. Meeting and greeting fans is a fantastic way to encourage people to buy your books. Customers and fans have questions about your books, and you get to answer them in a more candid matter when they are standing in front of you. It’s like allowing them to peek behind the curtain. However, conventions are also expensive an average booth in a local Comic Convention like Puerto Rico Comic Con can rank from $260.00 to $300.00. However, if you want to draw people your way, you need promotional materials. Remember you are competing with hundreds of other boots who are probably selling similar merchandize as you. So in order to make sure your product stands out you need to “kick it up a notch."
    You will need Flyers, a 2 1/2 x 7' Banner for the table, 12" x 18" posters for sale, shirts and other paraphernalia. The average cost of all this plus traveling arrangement and hotel stay if the convention last more than one day can reach up to $650.00.

The cost for establishing a business such of this is very high. However, if you have a storyline that is relevant to today readers and compelling visuals like those found in our books chances are you will have a highly profitable business in the making. We’ve sold adds to help us cover certain things but we are still miles away from our goal. Help us make our dream come true. Anyone who pledges $10.00 or more will have their name feature in the Art of Revolt Comic and a free PDF version of the issue.

Become immortalized by pledging here

Even though, this was not intended for me, I find it helpful. I published my first graphic novel, eventually comes the comic books, so thank you for that insight.

No problem, Revolt. I love a good success story, and I want to see people do well, at what they love doing.

1964533_10153851075110181_1935191823_n.jpg
    It’s finally here! This is the definite cover for “The Art of Revolt Comics”! It will include never before seen original artwork, showcasing characters form the prominent titles of Revolt Comics, tutorials from pencil to inks, to digital coloring from two of our artists and an exclusive short story featuring our resident malevolence entity, “Malefactor”! And it can be yours in an exclusive offer to those who pledge in our campaign. For more details follow this link.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...65317891_n.jpg
    Here is another perk for those who pledge in our campaign, the very first issue of Showcase! (And yes this the official cover.)
    Here is the link where you can pledge http://igg.me/p/666923/x/6249233
    Only a few days left so get it while you still can!