Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, #1

Dynamite Entertainment's Gold Key comic book line begins with writer Greg Pak and artist Mirko Colak kicking off "Turok: Dinosaur Hunter" #1.

Full review here.

This is just a poor attempt on the part of Dynamite to emulate the successful relaunch of Valiant comics. By the look and feel of this book they are attempting to confuse the buying public into thinking this is still a Valiant product. Dynamite instead should be original enough to have faith in their own production of the product and not rely on bad imitations to get buyers to purchase this product.

Please explain what you think it is Dynamite is doing to confuse they buying public.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

This was not a good first issue for people who have never read Turok before, and even worse for fans of Turok. The story did nothing to bring people back to want to read issue #2.

I noticed the cover layout designs are very similar to that of Valiants Master line.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I noticed the cover layout designs are very similar to that of Valiants Master line.
    Yeah, I just looked up the Masters line and you're right about that.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I really like the premise for Turok so far, though I have not been a fan prior to this release. I do really think the book is off to a hot start and I look forward to seeing Turok grow as a character and interact with other classic Gold Key heroes, the future for this line appears to be very bright.

I know many have been mixed on the art but I enjoyed it and felt it worked well with a story such as this. The cover was great too.
    @BslyTheGamerGuy (Twitter)
    Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com (Blog) - Updated 4/14/14 Chapter 3 of THE DARK COBRA by ALLEGIANCE PRESS is up!!

I'm waiting for the trade, assuming the next 2-5 issues get good reviews.

Just re-read issues 1 & 2 the other day and stand by them as highly enjoyable, anyone not giving this series a chance is really missing out. Great stuff going on here and there is lots more to come!

I'm surprised that CBR gave it such a high score, though. Especially since they seem to favor Marvel books more than anything.
    @BslyTheGamerGuy (Twitter)
    Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com (Blog) - Updated 4/14/14 Chapter 3 of THE DARK COBRA by ALLEGIANCE PRESS is up!!