Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Warren Ellis Gets "Really Weird" with "Moon Knight"

The superstar writer talks with CBR News about "scraping back the accumulated barnacles" on Marvel's Moon Knight. Plus, exclusive art!

Full article here.

Sounds like Warren will only be on this for about a year max, either way, I'm really looking forward to this...

Even if Ellis' run is only twelve issues or so, I'll be happy with that. An even longer stay would be preferable, of course, but year's worth of Ellis on MK is still pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Even if Ellis' run is only twelve issues or so, I'll be happy with that. An even longer stay would be preferable, of course, but year's worth of Ellis on MK is still pretty sweet.
    If it does wind up being a shorter run, hopefully his issues will read as relatively self-contained. It'll be nice to have a couple of Warren Ellis Moon Knight trades to take down off the shelf every now and then.

that Andy Granov cover is so good, i love the look of moon knight I hope Ellis has a good time on the book.
    Comics:

I LOVE Bellaire's cover. I know they plan to put MK in a white suit, but I hope he finds a reason to break out the costume once in awhile. I always liked the take the Meonch introduced - how Spector uses the persona that best fits the occassion, be it Marc Spector, Jake Lockley, Stephen Grant or Moon Knight. It was always a pragmatic choice. (rather than simply being schitzo)

Hmm I wonder if he only does give us twelve or so issues will they continue under a different writer or just keep his run self-contained? Still super pumped for the book regardless and DAT ART. Yes.

And OMG the Young Variant <3
    Psylocke

"unifies all the previous takes, making the character whole."

Great plan and a respectful one to all those that wrote the character before him. I wish more writers came onto a title with this atitude because no matter how good you are, research is EVERYTHING (see Fraction, Millar)

Mr Hughes

Looks really good. I'm a big fan of Ellis, I have been since his entertaining Doom 2099 run. This Moon Knight, does raise many Questions though.

Yeah, it's hard not to read his comments and come away with an "at most 12 issue" vibe.

I'd like his "unification of prior versions" to include his actual costume. The suit and luchador mask doesn't work for the character long term. That's not scary, it's silly.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hughes View Post
    Looks really good. I'm a big fan of Ellis, I have been since his entertaining Doom 2099 run. This Moon Knight, does raise many Questions though.
    ..go on...

This book just looks great. Ellis rarely disappoints so this will be a must-buy. Actually, I buy all MK stuff so I would get it regardless.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Yeah, it's hard not to read his comments and come away with an "at most 12 issue" vibe.

I'd like his "unification of prior versions" to include his actual costume.
    When I made mention on twitter to Declan how I was a bit bummed due to the costume change to the suit, he, being the cool dude that he is, replied.. "There are multiple looks. I love the suit and tie, but there is also an udpated cape version" and he attached that pic with the cape and cowl in article, next to the regular cover...
    so it is safe to say, we are going to see various looks.. and I'm sure they will be used for specific purposes depending on the situation at hand...

I'm extremely excited for this book.. Ellis, Shalvey, and Bellaire is a definite dream team and even if its only 12 issues of Ellis, I think they'll be 12 damn good issues.

I'm fine with 12 issues as long as there's an ending.

Yes Im sure Ellis will not restrict Moon Knight to one costume.

You know, take away the magic element, and Moon Knight is exactly what Batman was when he first appeared (except for the gun). Low tech whoopass detective.