Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default WATCHING BLACK SKY: Swierczynski Builds The World of "X"

CBR has an exclusive look at Dark Horse's Project Black Sky solicits for May as Duane Swierczynski talks reviving a classic "X" villain and telling the vigilante's origin.

Full article here.

All of this sounds freaking amazing, I can't wait to see it all play out! This universe is really shaping up and starting to really grab the attention of readers out there, I'm glad Dark Horse has such interesting plans to grow this line of books.
    @BslyTheGamerGuy (Twitter)
    Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com (Blog) - Updated 4/17 Review of CONTRA for the NES is up!!

My favorites are X and Brain Boy.
    Favorite books: All books by Valiant, Green Lantern, Batman, Aquaman, Invincible, Uncanny Avengers, Five Ghosts, and The Sixth Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Obregon Kaine View Post
    My favorites are X and Brain Boy.
    Great choices. How are you liking Captain Midnight so far?
    Http://Bslydarksky.blogspot.com (Blog) - Updated 4/17 Review of CONTRA for the NES is up!!

These books are great! Captain Midnight and Brain Boy are the best of the line!
    READ HYPERACTIVE COMICS ON THE DUCK and COMIC FURY and SMACK JEEVES!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crunch C. View Post
    These books are great! Captain Midnight and Brain Boy are the best of the line!
    Check out the mega thread at the top of the forum guys and lets discuss these books!

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Sweet, I am excited for all of this! Everything they have said has made me fall in love with there "world" more and more! Wish they talked about Ghost more though...Kelly needs to do a interview...or Chris lol.

Also I wonder when this "Project Black Sky" web comic will come out, and where? And how much it will cost lol? I am excited for it. My comic list from Dark Horse is growing fast.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Looking forward to this stuff...love the 90s CGW and Dwayne's comments regarding canon are good to hear.

I just wish Dark Horse would finish the CGW omnibuses as there is so little left to release - just Catalyst: Agents of Change and Out of the Vortex. Might even fit both in one book.
    talk hard

Quote Originally Posted by riftt View Post
    Looking forward to this stuff...love the 90s CGW and Dwayne's comments regarding canon are good to hear.

I just wish Dark Horse would finish the CGW omnibuses as there is so little left to release - just Catalyst: Agents of Change and Out of the Vortex. Might even fit both in one book.
    If Vortex is the big baddy for this new World, then I could see them releasing the one for Out of the Vortex.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

I love X and Brain Boy and it looks like they're just going to get better and better. I really dug DeConnick's recent Avengers Assemble issues so I'm definitely going to check that out.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I love X and Brain Boy and it looks like they're just going to get better and better. I really dug DeConnick's recent Avengers Assemble issues so I'm definitely going to check that out.
    Please do! Ghost Issue one was great! And issue 2 comes out in March and it will get back on track as a ongoing monthly!
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Please do! Ghost Issue one was great! And issue 2 comes out in March and it will get back on track as a ongoing monthly!
    Well I feel a little thick since I didn't even know the first issue was out
    Lately I've been getting more comics from outside of the big 2 and the thing I'm loving the most is the perfect pairing between artists and writers. X for example I haven't really gotten into the penciler in any of his other work but his style blends perfectly with the feel of that series. Same with a lot of the others books I'm getting into.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Well I feel a little thick since I didn't even know the first issue was out
    Lately I've been getting more comics from outside of the big 2 and the thing I'm loving the most is the perfect pairing between artists and writers. X for example I haven't really gotten into the penciler in any of his other work but his style blends perfectly with the feel of that series. Same with a lot of the others books I'm getting into.
    Agreed! So far Dark Horse has had some great pairings! Artist, writers and the settings!
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3

I got X coming in my mail order delivery every month. Mainly because I've enjoyed pretty much every Swierczynski comic I've read. For whatever reason they had been left in my to read box.

I just back-to-backed issues 0-8 and HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL, the book is absolutely outstanding. X is the a true costumed Enigma, the mystery surrounding him just builds and builds, but its brutally fantastic watching him take down the underworld of Arcadia.... Just make sure that Padlock stays on. I'm not sure I could take him using those teeth again.

I agree 100%

Glad to see more and more people are discovering this book, as well as the rest of the Project Black Sky titles