Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Waid & Pyle Celebrate 50 Fearless Years in "Daredevil" #1.50

Mark Waid & editor Ellie Pyle spoke to CBR about "Daredevil" #1.50, which celebrates the Man Without Fear's 50th anniversary by looking to his future.

Full article here.

Seriously Marvel, your numbering decisions make no sense.

Still can't get with this series

Sounds like this'll be an outstanding issue. Can't wait!

Sounds like fun, but the #1.50 issue number is stupid.

Also really cool that Karl Kesel is involved - I loved his short run in the 90's, and in many ways his run reminds me a lot of what Waid has done lately.

Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    Seriously Marvel, your numbering decisions make no sense.
    1.5 still makes more sense than a .1 issue. 1/2 issues have been around for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    1.5 still makes more sense than a .1 issue. 1/2 issues have been around for decades.
    It's not 1.5, or a half issue. It's 1.50 (which is mathematically incorrect). It's trying to acknowledge it's been 50 years of Daredevil, but at the same time trying to wedge a 'NUMBER 1, BITCHES!' in there because they know that'll push sales.

In fact, you know what? You proved my point for me, Hermit.

I'm absolutely against all the renumbering. I get what they're trying to do what with making them similar to TV seasons but it just doesn't hold with me.

Anyway, I'm too much of a DD fan to stop buying ;) as well as a fan of the current run.

I've preordered #1, #1.50 and #2 and I'm very much looking forward to the Javier Rodriguez story as he's one of my favourite DD artists.
    Recently read: Doc Savage, Daredevil Reborn. Currently reading: Golden Age Marvel Comics Omnibus, Daredevil 2011-2014 (Vol. 3), Mercenary Sea.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

It's the silliest numbering scheme yet, but it does sound like a fun idea for an anniversary comic and a counterpoint to something like "End of Days" (which I liked, but holy cow was it a downer).
    Expletive Deleted

I haven't even read Daredevil but I'm just dropping in to say that holy cow, that's a dumb number if there ever was one
    Waiting for DC to create their own comic streaming service...

Quote Originally Posted by nightlight View Post
    It's not 1.5, or a half issue. It's 1.50 (which is mathematically incorrect). It's trying to acknowledge it's been 50 years of Daredevil, but at the same time trying to wedge a 'NUMBER 1, BITCHES!' in there because they know that'll push sales.

In fact, you know what? You proved my point for me, Hermit.
    1.50 is the same thing as 1.5, just spelled wrong. This isn't a "NUMBER 1 COME BUY IT," this is the issue that is released in-between Daredevil #1 and Daredevil #2. It makes sense as Daredevil 1.5 and acknowledges the anniversary aspect with the 1.50. I see absolutely zero nonsense here, other than a pun (and believe me, I am not a fan of the bullshit. I just posted a six paragraph thread about it in another thread).