Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Evangeline Lilly Reportedly Up for "Ant-Man" Role

The "Lost" and "Hobbit" alum is in "early talks" for the female lead in Marvel Studios' 2015 "Ant-Man" film, according to a report.

Full article here.

Fairly good news, this, comes off as someone who'd do well in the female, whatever role this may be. If it's Jan, Scotts' daughter (Cassie?),, probably not Jocasta.

Was happy with her in Desolation Of Smaug.

If what they're saying is true, then this would be a big departure to the comic book versions of the character.

I just hope they develop her into some costumed super heroine - not just another "girlfriend" role.

A way to give Janet a connection to Hank is to have her a student he may have had a fling/affair with. Either that or have her a SHIELD agent with no connection to Hank thats sent to capture Scott

Actually likes comics Darth Tigris's Avatar

My favorite woman in the world that I don't know? Ant-man may end up being my favorite MCU movie for the most ridiculous reason of all ...
    Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me are people that think Final Crisis is good.

Oh my gosh.....that's the perfect casting choice for Janet van Dyne.
    S.O.S. - Save Our Seals!

I know that Rashida Jones was never officially cast, but it's been RUMORED for so long that almost any other choice (even a perfectly fine choice like this) is going to feel like a disappointment.

I suspect that they'll get around the age issue by making Janet Hank's daughter. It still gives her a connection to him and he can even still give her her powers.

I never thought Rashida Jones was a good choice. Part of me was hoping for an "Overnight Delivery" reunion with Reese Witherspoon. ;) (yeah, and also "How Do You Know")

Let's hope we'll finally get to see the Wasp onscreen - I feel that Lilly could totally pull it off. Then all original Avengers will finally be represented!

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i wanted Rashida Jones to be in this. but i'll accept Evangeline Lilly simply because i trust Edgar Wright's artistic vision. and i fully expect her to be Pym's daughter in this. if you look at all of the rumored candidates, they've all had cleft chins like Douglas.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I never thought Rashida Jones was a good choice. Part of me was hoping for an "Overnight Delivery" reunion with Reese Witherspoon. ;) (yeah, and also "How Do You Know")
    don't forget Monsters vs Aliens. it's slightly more topical.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    I just hope they develop her into some costumed super heroine - not just another "girlfriend" role.
    A thousand times this.
    Picture Maker // website // tumblr

she looks like she could be paul rudds sister
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

I hope this movie doesn't influence the Marvel 616 canon.