Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default INSIDE ARKHAM: Batman's Greatest Foes, Part 2: #10-1

In honor of Batman's 75th anniversary, CBR News concludes its countdown of the Dark Knight's most nefarious villains of all time! Who will be #1...?

Full article here.

Bat rouge number 5: Joe Chill?
    Top 5: Batman, Wonder woman, Action comics, Green Arrow, Red Lanterns

Quote Originally Posted by napolid View Post
    Bat rouge number 5: Joe Chill?
    I was shocked too. Really had now idea he'd be on the list at all, let a lone so high.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    I was shocked too. Really had now idea he'd be on the list at all, let a lone so high.
    the scum that started it all.
    i love the dc new 52.

I liked this part of the list much better than the first, not so much due to the names on it as for the various insights and ideas about what make the villains great. Not that I agreed with all of them (all of Batman's villains except Dent were "born bad"? Joe Chill being "scum"?) but stuff like Ra's al Ghul being the first "adult" Bat-villain and "To the Scarecrow, the insane are his toys, phobias are his paints and the world is his dark canvas on which to create landscapes of madness." felt like genuinely interesting ideas.
    "Doesn't everyone on here hate comics? Isn't this a forum where a bunch of middle aged men sit around and bitch about how they hate comics and haven't read them in twenty years?" -Mezzaro-

Joe Chill being on this list is surprising, but appropriate. Without him, there never would have been a Batman.

I think Chill should be confined to an "honorable mention". He doesn't really fit in with the rest of the Rogues.

And Penguin and Harley are significantly too high. I say this despite personal affection for both of them, especially Harley.

Good list though I defintiely think talia should be higher than harley
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    Good list though I defintiely think talia should be higher than harley
    Talia never really became full-on "villain", until perhaps the past ten years - Secret Society of Super Villains, Grant Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    I think Chill should be confined to an "honorable mention". He doesn't really fit in with the rest of the Rogues.

And Penguin and Harley are significantly too high. I say this despite personal affection for both of them, especially Harley.
    Agree on that! Especially that Harley is waaay too high on that list...

Bat Rouge #5 is only worn for particularly hot dates.

Joe Chill is an origin story. Nobody really cares about him as a villain. I don't see why he's even on the list.
    Highly Evolved Creature Totally Orientated on Revenge.

Simple, as I stated before without Joe Chill there would be no Batman. He is ultimately the one who set Bruce down that path. That alone earns him a spot on this list.

Good to see to villainesses in the top 10, but I wouldn't have disqualified Catwoman from eligibility as an adversary. She's easily number 2 after the Joker. I'd keep Ra's as 3 and drop Two-Face lower in the list.
    "Gargantua, stop! We're... friends!"
    - Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman

Still not sure why Scarecrow made the Top 10. (Maybe he's a personal favorite of the person who made the list?)

Surprised Joe Chill made it on, but that's a valid choice. But it does mean that we lose Hush from the Top 20. (I'm not a huge Hush fan, but is he really a worse character than Zsasz? Than KING TUT?)

All that said, it's a fair list overall, but I think it would be more fun to see a list of Batman's 10 most TERRIBLE villains! Bring me Signal Man and Killer Moth!