Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Carlos Valdes Joins "The Flash" As Cisco Ramon

Broadway performer Carlos Valdes has been cast as Cisco Ramon -- better known as Vibe -- in the upcoming CW drama "The Flash."

Full article here.

Six down, maybe a few more to go, doing good so far.

Three villains, three... protagonists. Hope they keep it up.

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

Vibe, the little engine that could in the world of heroes. Someday soon someone at Marvel is going to get a jones for Paste Pot Pete. Then look out, thus will be born the ultimate antagonist of the Marvel TVerse. I kid, I kid. The Flash show seems to be shaping up nicely. I like Johns being directly involved.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Nice. Hopefully he does a good job.
    What does CIN mean?

Why do you ask me, you say, I don't know. You should tell me what it means?

I wonder how long it will take for him to actually get powers/become Vibe? Arrow has been getting to that stuff much quicker than I expected, and that's a good thing. Hopefully, Flash does the same thing.

Vibe on TV. Who'd've thought we'd ever see the day?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

Who would have thought they would have ever brought back Vibe to begin with, and then to make him a pretty cool character on top of that. He has to get the prize for best rebooted character ever.

@Zero Hunter
    Are we talking about the same Vibe here?

His New 52 comic is terrible. Just terrible. I remember at TO Fan Expo the panelist for DC saying "Oh and if you're subscribed to Vibe expect big things." Well 6 issues later and I'm still unimpressed. When I started my account at my local comic shop I asked for Vibe on my pulllist, the guy laughed and said you are 1 of 3 people who suscribe to Vibe.

But I will say shave off his facial hair and he can pull it off, good choice

I wonder if WB (DC) television will eventually put together some sort of superhero team that is not Justice League. Possibly a Justice League of America? We've got Green Arrow (and now sidekick - - Speedy? Red Arrow? Arsenal?), Black Canary, Huntress, Flash, Vibe (?) and maybe one or two more down the line. Amanda Waller has started to put together her Suicide Squad in "Arrow", first recruit being Bronze Tiger (or has she already gotten Deadshot?). Maybe we'll have a conflict next season between the heroes and Suicide Squad that will cross over both series. BTW: I'm sure some of you noted that the asylum where they were keeping Brother Blood's mother was called "Saint Walker" - - same name as the last surviving Blue Lantern in the comics.

I don't think I'll ever understand Johns' eternal hard on for Vibe.
    A true friend stabs you in the front. ~ Oscar Wilde

He likes the character the same way that some people like Batman, or Power Girl, or Wonder Girl, etc. We all have our favorites. Plus, Johns loves taking characters who are considered jokes or underused and making them relevant/interesting (GL, Aquaman, The Rogues, etc).

Vibe as usual invokes conflicting emotions. It's always nice to see a bellow d. list character get a push, it's nice to finally have a Latino/Hispanic character get to hang among the great heroes.
    But freakin Vibe?!

Having a positive, strong, adult male Hispanic(not gang, not criminal) has completely eluded DC, it's apparently next to impossible for them to imagine such a person. Vibe became their fist shot at it, the other Jaime is accused of stealing another's legacy, and the other an embarrassing cliche created by Hanna Barbera because DC couldn't come up with one.

So freakin Vibe it is.

If he's not already familiar with the character, I almost feel sad for the Actor (Carlos Valdes) if he cracks open an 80s comic and finds what is possibly one of the most offensive, insulting, laughable and lame characters DC has ever created.

Yes he was that bad.

That said, I enjoyed John's' absolute re-invention of the character; new name, background-story, the new vibrational dimension breaching powers, and what could potentially make him the center of any big dimension x-over type event.

Still it's Vibe. I almost wish Johns had along with the new character actually just come up with an entirely new Hero name other than Vibe.
    This new TV incarnation however will be even once more removed, which is great. His day job - "mechanical engineering genius," again awesome, especially if they are delving into quantum mechanics dimension/time/multiverse jumping and vibrational string theory type mumbojumbo etc.
    It'll probably be the vehicle by which Cisco can be either connected to it, or if they go there - powered by it.
    If he can access that, awesome!
    And probably play into a possible Zoom story arc.

Which again is all great! Awesome potential power, awesome new character, suporting character in a major new TV franchise, it's all so good - and yet it's it's still freakin Vibe THE WORST!

LOL Rant!
    I do wish the charter (and the actor playing him) the best, and look forward to see how they develop him.
    Last edited by Guicho; 02-05-2014 at 11:07 AM.

My fav Flash villains are Gorilla Grodd and Captain Cold. Grodd would probably be Smallville level Doomsday expensive, so I doubt we'll see him soon, but I do keep hoping for word on who will be Captain Cold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guicho View Post
    Vibe as usual invokes conflicting emotions. It's always nice to see a bellow d. list character get a push, it's nice to finally have a Latino/Hispanic character get to hang among the great heroes.
    But freakin Vibe?!

Having a positive, strong, adult male Hispanic(not gang, not criminal) has completely alluded DC, it's apparently next to impossible for them to imagine such a person. Vibe became their fist shot at it, the other Jaime is accused of stealing another's legacy, and the other an embarrassing cliche created by Hanna Barbera because DC couldn't come up with one.

So freakin Vibe it is.

If he's not already familiar with the character, I almost feel sad for the Actor (Carlos Valdes) if he cracks open an 80s comic and finds what is possibly one of the most offensive, insulting, laughable and lame characters DC has ever created.

Yes he was that bad.

That said, I enjoyed John's' absolute re-invention of the character; new name, background-story, the new vibrational dimension breaching powers, and what could potentially make him the center of any big dimension x-over type event.

Still it's Vibe. I almost wish Johns had along with the new character actually just come up with an entirely new Hero name other than Vibe.
    This new TV incarnation however will be even once more removed, which is great. His day job - "mechanical engineering genius," again awesome, especially if they are delving into quantum mechanics dimension/time/multiverse jumping and vibrational string theory type mumbojumbo etc.
    It'll probably be the vehicle by which Cisco can be either connected to it, or if they go there - powered by it.
    If he can access that, awesome!
    And probably play into a possible Zoom story arc.

Which again is all great! Awesome potential power, awesome new character, suporting character in a major new TV franchise, it's all so good - and yet it's it's still freakin Vibe THE WORST!

LOL Rant!
    I do wish the charter (and the actor playing him) the best, and look forward to see how they develop him.

You DO know that his character history is nothing like that now right? I'm glad I'm not your mother, because if I was I'd have died of shame.

Long Live the Legion Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buckles44 View Post
    @Zero Hunter
    Are we talking about the same Vibe here?

His New 52 comic is terrible. Just terrible. I remember at TO Fan Expo the panelist for DC saying "Oh and if you're subscribed to Vibe expect big things." Well 6 issues later and I'm still unimpressed. When I started my account at my local comic shop I asked for Vibe on my pulllist, the guy laughed and said you are 1 of 3 people who suscribe to Vibe.

But I will say shave off his facial hair and he can pull it off, good choice
    You comic book shop guys sounds like the typical douche you hear about working in comic book stores. I hate fucking guys like that. Just because it is something they don't like they laugh at the customer buying it? I would have told him to fuck off. I don't care what a shop douche says I loved the series and I loved the way the character is written as not a joke.