Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default X-POSITION: Duggan Throws Down "The Gauntlet" For "Deadpool"

"Deadpool" scribe Gerry Duggan joins X-Position to discuss all things Deadpool, including the Infinite Comic and story structure. Plus, exclusive art!

Full article here.

Huh. More Deadpool.

Paul Cornell next week.

I forgot to ask Duggan about new Kitty projects. ;_;
    X-Poster of the Month: November 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

I've really liked what Gerry Duggan and Brian Poshen have been doing with deadpool lately, from what I've read in trade anyway. They really have done a good job of making deadpool still comedic yet tragic at the same time. Can't wait for the wedding.

Also, liked the reference to Duggan's work on Nova which I have been enjoying so far.

Gave up on this version of Deadpool, found it boring after 10-12 issues. I was this close to retrying the book with the Wedding issue, but with the Gauntlet being digital only, the bride being some new character just being created for this and not very interesting imo, I will just continue not buying this book. Deadpool has had much better runs than this.

I like how Gerry has perspective- comedy needs an anchor. I'm glad they've kept the book from being nothing but laughs and that variety has kept sales strong I believe.

I will say if you find the current run of Deadpool boring there's nothing out on the market that will excite you. For me, they've been strong right out of the gate. As for Deadpool's bride being a new character, that's for the best. Death would be impractical, the moment for Siryn is gone, and pretty much anyone else P.O. too many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Swordsman View Post
    Gave up on this version of Deadpool, found it boring after 10-12 issues. I was this close to retrying the book with the Wedding issue, but with the Gauntlet being digital only, the bride being some new character just being created for this and not very interesting imo, I will just continue not buying this book. Deadpool has had much better runs than this.
    To each his own, but I don't think there have been many runs much better than what Duggan and Posehn are doing now. You missed out on the best arc The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, which started at 15. And unless you're reading the digital comic, how can you tell if Wade's bride to be is interesting enough or not?

The real reason to be irked is that her first appearance wasn't in a printed comic. A tad sentimental of me from an objective point of view, but there you go. I mean I think I heard someone say there's going to be a physical printed edition(that will be interesting from an editing point of view), but it's not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDP View Post
    The real reason to be irked is that her first appearance wasn't in a printed comic. A tad sentimental of me from an objective point of view, but there you go. I mean I think I heard someone say there's going to be a physical printed edition(that will be interesting from an editing point of view), but it's not the same.
    Yeah, I don't remember where but I think I heard it would be re-released on TPB or HC. Does anyone know a link or something?

You're right, and I agree. I wish she'd made her first appearance in print as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifighter View Post
    Yeah, I don't remember where but I think I heard it would be re-released on TPB or HC. Does anyone know a link or something?
    So far, I think it's just word from Jordan White and Gerry Duggan that it'll eventually be collected. Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifighter View Post
    Might be both. I think Gerry might have also confirmed it in an interview, but I know he's mentioned it on Twitter.

Duggan seems to be doing some good work lately. I'd be interested to see how he'd go with a run on a main X-book.

He and Posehn have brought something to Deadpool that hasn't been seen in a Deadpool title since C&D- an overarching plot. It's one of the reasons I defend the Dead Presidents arc these days when even I used to dismiss it: events in those first few issues are still being felt 20+ issues later.

I think his experience with Deadpool, who is very difficult to write about in a lot of ways because he's not structured like a classic superhero, will make his other Marvel work seem like a piece of cake. I mean, look at the long list of big names who started out writing/drawing on a Deadpool comic.

So Deadpool's marrying the Queen on the Undead, who's also a succubus. He sure knows how to pick um doesn't he? Then again, she is really hot, and Deadpool is insane enough to think that this could work.