Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Palmiotti Brings Superman to "All-Star Western"

"All-Star Western" writer Jimmy Palmiotti discusses Superman's recent appearance, Jonah coming face-to-face with his dead, stuffed body and more.

Full article here.

Love the work he's done with Jonah in All-Star, and bringing him into our time has been fun as well. Hex seems to fit in well most of the time, but then he's just as repulsed by the level of violence society is capable of these days.

Looking forward to him getting back to his own time, though, and hope it continues. Kinda worried about the sales numbers.

Had to drop this book when Hex came to the present, when I read a book called All Star Western I actually want to read a western not Jonah Hex's Adventures in Time! Like when I watch a good western movie I'll watch The Good, The Bad and The Ugly not Back to the Future 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Anonymous View Post
    Had to drop this book when Hex came to the present, when I read a book called All Star Western I actually want to read a western not Jonah Hex's Adventures in Time! Like when I watch a good western movie I'll watch The Good, The Bad and The Ugly not Back to the Future 3.
    I didn't know there were people who cared more about the title of the book than what was going on in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    I didn't know there were people who cared more about the title of the book than what was going on in the story.
    Nothing to do with the title but the genre of the book.

Nothing to do with the title but the genre of the book.
    Nope, just the title. The book is called All-Star Western so I guess it has to be a Western at all times. Who cares if it's just a title and the story follows Jonah Hex? Who cares if the last few issues have been really really good? The title says it's supposed to be a Western so screw it, just drop it and help get the book cancelled.

Really great attitude.

I think the whole All Star Western Series has been terrific.

Nope, just the title. The book is called All-Star Western so I guess it has to be a Western at all times. Who cares if it's just a title and the story follows Jonah Hex? Who cares if the last few issues have been really really good? The title says it's supposed to be a Western so screw it, just drop it and help get the book cancelled.

Really great attitude.
    I enjoy westerns, I don't enjoy time travel stories featuring Batman and Superman and I don't read books I'm not enjoying any more. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

ASW is great. For those of you not reading it, you should. Also, yes, it's not a Western in any real sense of the word, generally (except for #19-21 which took place in the West and dealt with typical Western themes, but had the sci-fi element of the time-traveling Booster Gold). But pretend it's called "All-Star Gunfighter" and you're gold. So to speak.

But what really stuck out to me in this interview was that Gray & Palmiotti have Batwing mapped out through issue 34. Is this just wishful thinking or is Batwing sticking around for the (relative) long haul? Hard to believe with those numbers (much worse than ASW's).

I enjoy westerns, I don't enjoy time travel stories featuring Batman and Superman and I don't read books I'm not enjoying any more. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.
    Then next time don't lie and say it was because of the book's title.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyOlsenMustDie View Post
    ASW is great. For those of you not reading it, you should. Also, yes, it's not a Western in any real sense of the word, generally (except for #19-21 which took place in the West and dealt with typical Western themes, but had the sci-fi element of the time-traveling Booster Gold). But pretend it's called "All-Star Gunfighter" and you're gold. So to speak.

But what really stuck out to me in this interview was that Gray & Palmiotti have Batwing mapped out through issue 34. Is this just wishful thinking or is Batwing sticking around for the (relative) long haul? Hard to believe with those numbers (much worse than ASW's).
    Issue 34 is only six months away. The fact that they've only mapped out that far is a sign that they're being rather realistic about the book's future.

Issue 34 is only six months away. The fact that they've only mapped out that far is a sign that they're being rather realistic about the book's future.
    I think a lot of us would be surprised if it gets to 32, especially given that Batwing is due to take part in Batman: Eternal. I'm actually surprised every month when solicits don't say it's cancelled.

That and The Movement.

Yea because that's what I totally did >_>

I haven't been following lately, but is Hex really getting his scar fixed while he's in the present?

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    I haven't been following lately, but is Hex really getting his scar fixed while he's in the present?
    if that's the case, I predict that as soon as he gets back to his own time something crazy will happen and.... back to scarface..

Quote Originally Posted by rsante View Post
    Kinda worried about the sales numbers.
    If it's any consolation, I picked up last week's issue on a whim when I saw Supeman on the cover. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but that' +1 sale for January. :D

Then next time don't lie and say it was because of the book's title.
    Huh? I think it was quite obvious what he was getting at. He's got no objections with Hex himself, just the change in setting. Held signed on for a western book and ended up with a time travel tale.

'All Star Western' (sub title or no) does tend to imply dusty trails and gunfights. I had no interest in the book based on the title's promise, to be honest.

Hex in the modern day, squaring off with Superman is more my bag. :D
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.