Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Soule Explores Marvel's "Inhuman" Legacy

Charles Soule discusses how thousands of new Inhumans will impact the Marvel U, sharing an exclusive look at some of Joe Mad's interiors.

Full article here.

As usual Joe Mad's work is amazing. Looking forward to what Soule does with this book.

I'm curious to find out what Black Bolt's motivations were for detonating that Terrigen bomb in the first place.

Really REALLY looking forward to this series! Love Soule and Joe Mad!

Seriously - does anyone beat Joe Mad with pencils? I've never seen Medusa's hair look more alive, let alone anything else.

If this book was printed in finished pencil form only, I'd still camp outside the store to get it.
    It's A Dan's World; Illustration and comic guff daily.

Soule is getting pretty excited for this. He sounds like he's in a good headspace for this one.

Mad would not have been my first choice for artist by a fair margin, but he draws attention to any project he works on and that's a plus. He still has a lot of fans, so I'm hoping Marvel has a solid art team to follow him up. The smart choice would be Bradshaw who kind of fits in Mad's wheelhouse, but it seems like he's headed to GotG for an extended run, which stylistically clashes with Pichelli, IMO.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Man, every time I try to get away from Marvel and DC Soule picks up another title. I'm stuck here forever!
    Pull List: Animal Man, Avengers Arena, Suicide Risk, Suicide Squad, Superior Foes, Swamp Thing, X-Men
    Trade Waiting: Superior Spider-Man, Unwritten, The Walking Dead

I'm so pumped for this book. It sounds like Soule is really going to swing for the fences with this. I'm very glad Marvel gave him such an A-level project to run with. I'm loving Thunderbolts and looking forward to his She-Hulk but I think Inhuman is going to be on a whole other level.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

I am more and more excited for this book now that Soule is on board and I've always loved Mad's art...I just hope his replacement artist (after 3 issues) can live up to the standard.
    (I really hate Marvel's revolving/replacement artist shite.

HATE. IT!!!
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    I am more and more excited for this book now that Soule is on board and I've always loved Mad's art...I just hope his replacement artist (after 3 issues) can live up to the standard.

HATE. IT!!!
    Yeah. I see that as something to suck the wind out of the sales on a book like this in short order.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Disciple of En Sabah Nur Harbinger of Apocalypse's Avatar

Really excited for this... Soule's a good writer and all his books are quite good. So, good to see that standard being applied to the Inhumans. Kind of sad though they had to seemingly kill Black Bolt and Karnak when he said he liked them... would have been nice of Soule had full use of them. One of my main fears is that the book would be only about the new Inhumans and the rest be damned but Soule says that this will have a large cast which is good. The new villain Lash sounds interesting and I do hope the Unspoken maintains a presence as a 'Magneto'-styled figure as the main enemy of the Royal Family. All in all though, it looks like the Inhumans star is rising and hope for great stuff from this title.
    I am Apocalypse! Look upon the future and tremble!
    I am as far beyond Mutants as they are beyond you. I am eternal.
    Evil? I am not malevolent, I simply am!

Soule just might be my favorite writer currently, definitely in my top 5, so i'm excited. I've enjoyed everything i've read from Soule a lot

The only problem is i like his work so much, i'd rather collect it in trade/hardcover but i want to support him at the same time, so...
    Last edited by eXplorer; 02-04-2014 at 12:37 PM.

I am absolutely swinging for the fences on this one - glad people are into it!

Basically, my feeling is that there should be room for something new and huge and amazing in the Marvel U. I'm taking the core concept and doing every cool thing with it that I can think up. Really looking forward to people's reactions!

(And don't forget She-Hulk #1 next week too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post

HATE. IT!!!
    There isn't many artists that can live up to joe mads standard. Copiel, cheung, that's about it IMO

You know I was originally disappointed when this series was not going to come out last month but after hearing what Soule's up to I'm way more excited for when it was originally done. I have no doubts that this is not going to be done well after seeing him save Red Lanterns and Thunderbolts from mediocrity(no offense to past writers). I'm excited to see what he does with Medusa as queen as well as the inhuman kingdoms and ideology, Lash sounds like he could be an interesting character and I can't wait to see who else Soule creates. Also, Joe Mad's art is really great. All in all can't wait for April.