Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Mild-Mannered Reporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28,871

    Default Nick Lowe Named Senior Editor of Marvel's Spider-Man Line

    Nick Lowe has been named Senior Editor of Marvel's Spider-Man-related comics, shifting to the web-slinger from world of the X-Men.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Senior Member oldschool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    10,556

    Default

    I was not thrilled with much of what the X-Men became over the last decade but I will reserve judgment on what Nick can and will do in this new position. I am considerably more excited that he mentioned Mark Waid! Anyone care to speculate what title Waid will be writing??
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

  3. #3
    Senior Member Phantom Roxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Daredevil is considered a part of the Spider-Man line, so the article was referring to that.

    Not sure what to think of Lowe, but okay, let's see what happens.

  4. #4
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,347

    Default

    Part of me wonders what this means for Stephen Wacker . I admit I will miss him if he's leaving the books because he was pretty fun watching him rip into angry fans. It was just fun to see him do that in a way. Because you rarely see creators fire back.

    Of course I had few interactions with Wacker as the last couple of years. I never tried to be angry and start trading barbs with him . Our few interactions had us debate stories and the Peter Parker character in a way. I know we never agreed on what makes good drama sure , but I always treated Wacker the way I wanted to be treated here. And for the most part he was always nice to me .

    Now he may have thought I was an angry fan once who did razz him but as I explained to him I treat all the creators with respect on CBR. Even if I don't agree with them. I will miss him if he's moving on to other books. Good bye Stephen Wacker if your leaving these books. I know it could try your patience at times. But I hope ya remember the fans who were nice in debates with you here.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  5. #5
    Senior Member oldschool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    10,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Daredevil is considered a part of the Spider-Man line, so the article was referring to that.

    Not sure what to think of Lowe, but okay, let's see what happens.
    Huh....did not think about DD being a "Spidey book" any more than Hawkeye or any of the other Wacker books were, but ok. Still, I would love to see Waid full-time on a Spidey title and my guess is there will be a completely new line of Spidey books starting in April.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

  6. #6
    Senior Member oldschool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    10,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Part of me wonders what this means for Stephen Wacker . I admit I will miss him if he's leaving the books because he was pretty fun watching him rip into angry fans. It was just fun to see him do that in a way. Because you rarely see creators fire back.

    Of course I had few interactions with Wacker as the last couple of years. I never tried to be angry and start trading barbs with him . Our few interactions had us debate stories and the Peter Parker character in a way. I know we never agreed on what makes good drama sure , but I always treated Wacker the way I wanted to be treated here. And for the most part he was always nice to me .

    Now he may have thought I was an angry fan once who did razz him but as I explained to him I treat all the creators with respect on CBR. Even if I don't agree with them. I will miss him if he's moving on to other books. Good bye Stephen Wacker if your leaving these books. I know it could try your patience at times. But I hope ya remember the fans who were nice in debates with you here.
    Wacker got a nice promotion to the Marvel Animation line; I will miss him too but he is on to bigger and better things.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

  7. #7
    Junior Member Westchester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Nick Lowe is no Stephen Wacker, but not many people are I guess. I was expecting a promotion from within the Spidey stable... it's not like I haven't been enjoying the X-Men books while Lowe has been the senior editor (only for a few of the aforementioned "10 years" in the x-office- since Alonso became EiC, right?) but they haven't had that "special something" of books like Daredevil, Hawkeye, et al. I doubt Lowe will come in wanting to "shake things up" right away though.

    Now, who's gonna take over X-Men?

  8. #8
    Member OrganicUrban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    524

    Default

    That means Marts is becoming X-Men Editor?

    Well.. Lowe on X -Men in the last few years was very... (Trying to find a nice word)
    Last edited by OrganicUrban; 02-04-2014 at 08:32 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member ViewtifulJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,018

    Default

    After the last few years of X-Men...lol

  10. #10
    Elder Member BrotherUnitNo_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    MARYLAND
    Posts
    13,145

    Default

    I'm not sure what to make about Lowe in a non-X-environment since he's been there as long as he has.

    He has a relatively decent eye for artists, so I appreciate that. I haven't been too fond of the direction the X-Line has gone although there have been a few occasional highlights.

    It will be interesting to see how he fits with Wacker's teams and what new books will pop out under him.

    For the record, Wacker was in charge of not just Spider-man, but Captain (and Ms.) Marvel, Daredevil, Punisher and Marvel cosmic. I do wonder if Lowe is only taking on the Spider-books or Wacker's additional work.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

    Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

    Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

  11. #11
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,411

    Default

    He's going to be bored by Spider-man's (relatively) simple continuity!

    "So wait, Peter Parker just let this burglar pass right by him? Are we sure he wasn't being mentally influenced by an alien clone of a British spy who swapped bodies with a time-traveler trying to ward off an apocalpytic future where the psychic manifestation of Peter's guilt and anger takes human form to wreak its terrible vengeance on humanity?"
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

  12. #12

    Default

    Nick Lowe said one of the first things he would do is reinstate the Marriage of Peter and MJ.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

  13. #13
    Senior Member oldschool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    10,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomassi View Post
    Nick Lowe said one of the first things he would do is reinstate the Marriage of Peter and MJ.
    Source?????
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

  14. #14
    Perpetually curious Ghost.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomassi View Post
    Nick Lowe said one of the first things he would do is reinstate the Marriage of Peter and MJ.
    So long as he does so organically instead of making it as forced as the break-up was, he's got my vote. Pete should at least get back together with MJ.
    Pull List: Animal Man, Avengers Arena, Suicide Risk, Suicide Squad, Superior Foes, Swamp Thing, X-Men
    Trade Waiting: Superior Spider-Man, Unwritten, The Walking Dead

  15. #15
    Senior Member ViewtifulJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Source?????
    .......lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •