Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Nick Lowe Named Senior Editor of Marvel's Spider-Man Line

Nick Lowe has been named Senior Editor of Marvel's Spider-Man-related comics, shifting to the web-slinger from world of the X-Men.

Full article here.

I was not thrilled with much of what the X-Men became over the last decade but I will reserve judgment on what Nick can and will do in this new position. I am considerably more excited that he mentioned Mark Waid! Anyone care to speculate what title Waid will be writing??
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Daredevil is considered a part of the Spider-Man line, so the article was referring to that.

Not sure what to think of Lowe, but okay, let's see what happens.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Part of me wonders what this means for Stephen Wacker . I admit I will miss him if he's leaving the books because he was pretty fun watching him rip into angry fans. It was just fun to see him do that in a way. Because you rarely see creators fire back.

Of course I had few interactions with Wacker as the last couple of years. I never tried to be angry and start trading barbs with him . Our few interactions had us debate stories and the Peter Parker character in a way. I know we never agreed on what makes good drama sure , but I always treated Wacker the way I wanted to be treated here. And for the most part he was always nice to me .

Now he may have thought I was an angry fan once who did razz him but as I explained to him I treat all the creators with respect on CBR. Even if I don't agree with them. I will miss him if he's moving on to other books. Good bye Stephen Wacker if your leaving these books. I know it could try your patience at times. But I hope ya remember the fans who were nice in debates with you here.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Daredevil is considered a part of the Spider-Man line, so the article was referring to that.

Not sure what to think of Lowe, but okay, let's see what happens.
    Huh....did not think about DD being a "Spidey book" any more than Hawkeye or any of the other Wacker books were, but ok. Still, I would love to see Waid full-time on a Spidey title and my guess is there will be a completely new line of Spidey books starting in April.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Part of me wonders what this means for Stephen Wacker . I admit I will miss him if he's leaving the books because he was pretty fun watching him rip into angry fans. It was just fun to see him do that in a way. Because you rarely see creators fire back.

Of course I had few interactions with Wacker as the last couple of years. I never tried to be angry and start trading barbs with him . Our few interactions had us debate stories and the Peter Parker character in a way. I know we never agreed on what makes good drama sure , but I always treated Wacker the way I wanted to be treated here. And for the most part he was always nice to me .

Now he may have thought I was an angry fan once who did razz him but as I explained to him I treat all the creators with respect on CBR. Even if I don't agree with them. I will miss him if he's moving on to other books. Good bye Stephen Wacker if your leaving these books. I know it could try your patience at times. But I hope ya remember the fans who were nice in debates with you here.
    Wacker got a nice promotion to the Marvel Animation line; I will miss him too but he is on to bigger and better things.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Nick Lowe is no Stephen Wacker, but not many people are I guess. I was expecting a promotion from within the Spidey stable... it's not like I haven't been enjoying the X-Men books while Lowe has been the senior editor (only for a few of the aforementioned "10 years" in the x-office- since Alonso became EiC, right?) but they haven't had that "special something" of books like Daredevil, Hawkeye, et al. I doubt Lowe will come in wanting to "shake things up" right away though.

Now, who's gonna take over X-Men?

That means Marts is becoming X-Men Editor?

Well.. Lowe on X -Men in the last few years was very... (Trying to find a nice word)
    Last edited by OrganicUrban; 02-04-2014 at 08:32 AM.

After the last few years of X-Men...lol

I'm not sure what to make about Lowe in a non-X-environment since he's been there as long as he has.

He has a relatively decent eye for artists, so I appreciate that. I haven't been too fond of the direction the X-Line has gone although there have been a few occasional highlights.

It will be interesting to see how he fits with Wacker's teams and what new books will pop out under him.

For the record, Wacker was in charge of not just Spider-man, but Captain (and Ms.) Marvel, Daredevil, Punisher and Marvel cosmic. I do wonder if Lowe is only taking on the Spider-books or Wacker's additional work.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

He's going to be bored by Spider-man's (relatively) simple continuity!

"So wait, Peter Parker just let this burglar pass right by him? Are we sure he wasn't being mentally influenced by an alien clone of a British spy who swapped bodies with a time-traveler trying to ward off an apocalpytic future where the psychic manifestation of Peter's guilt and anger takes human form to wreak its terrible vengeance on humanity?"
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Nick Lowe said one of the first things he would do is reinstate the Marriage of Peter and MJ.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomassi View Post
    Nick Lowe said one of the first things he would do is reinstate the Marriage of Peter and MJ.
    Source?????
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomassi View Post
    So long as he does so organically instead of making it as forced as the break-up was, he's got my vote. Pete should at least get back together with MJ.
    Pull List: Animal Man, Avengers Arena, Suicide Risk, Suicide Squad, Superior Foes, Swamp Thing, X-Men
    Trade Waiting: Superior Spider-Man, Unwritten, The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Source?????
    .......lol