Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default RUMOR: Geoff Johns, John Romita Jr. to Take Over "Superman"

Leaked video screens and piece of artwork indicate Geoff Johns and John Romita Jr. are slated to take over DC Comics' "Superman" title.

Full article here.

Anything is better than Lobdell, but I've loved all of Johns stuff except for his run on Superman. Hopefully, though, Johns doesn't waste this go-around with Superman trying to suck up to Donner like his last time writing the character. He'll really have to bring his A-game to top what's going on over in Action, easily the best New 52 Superman we've been given.

So how did CBR manage to run the artwork without the Bleeding Cool watermark then? 8-)

Oh thank God! I was near dropping Superman for the first time in years, it has gotten so bad. I would't mind seeing Roccafort say on with the art, but the writing has needed a change since Lobdell came on board. With Pak on Action and Soule on S/Wonder Woman it should be a great time to be a Superman fan again!

This would be so great if true. I am sick of seeing JRjr's shit art on Marvel comics. Hopefully he stays at DC for the rest of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousMio View Post
    This would be so great if true. I am sick of seeing JRjr's shit art on Marvel comics. Hopefully he stays at DC for the rest of his career.
    You're a big Romita Jr. fan then?

Dammit. I hope its a one time thing.

really hope this is true for both writer and artist. Johns loves to play with villains so i hope he plays with some less than familiar ones like Grax (brainiac's four-armed rival), Atomic skull maybe (who was suppose to make another appearance in 2013 if i remember Action comics Annual correctly), Terra-man, Black Rock, Aethyr and maybe some brand new ones!
    oh and tie him back into the Legion of Super-heroes (again) please!

I agree the Superman line needs to be refreshed. I am still hoping we get a Shazam book also by summer....

Agreed. JRJr has been phoning it in the last few years and his art has turned awful. It's the perfect fit for DCs subpar storytelling and they're more than welcome to him.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomassi View Post
    Agreed. JRJr has been phoning it in the last few years and his art has turned awful. It's the perfect fit for DCs subpar storytelling and they're more than welcome to him.
    really? next time, lead with "in my opinion".
    i love the dc new 52.

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    I agree the Superman line needs to be refreshed. I am still hoping we get a Shazam book also by summer....
    I thought that was one of the main reasons for rebooting the DCU with the New 52. Why haven't they done it by now? It's been 2 and 1/2 years!!
    A true friend stabs you in the front. ~ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by mr. k0 View Post
    really? next time, lead with "in my opinion".
    Why? Do you somehow think he's speaking for everyone and not just himself?
    A true friend stabs you in the front. ~ Oscar Wilde

if this is true, i can now go to work with a smile on my face.
    i love the dc new 52.

Quote Originally Posted by club33az View Post
    I thought that was one of the main reasons for rebooting the DCU with the New 52. Why haven't they done it by now? It's been 2 and 1/2 years!!
    It seems like DC stumbled out of the gate with the Superman franchise & finally are making some efforts to correct that.