Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default INSIDE ARKHAM: Batman's Greatest Foes, Part 1: #20-11

Only Batman can stop these rogues! With the Dark Knight turning 75 this year, CBR counts down his greatest villains of all time!

Full article here.

Fun list, but to be fair to Killer Croc, wasn't it actually
    (spoilers)
    Batman disguised as Killer Croc that talked about throwing rocks?

Great episode regardless. Almost Got 'im.

never been a fan of the Mad Hatter felt his gimmick was to similar to Poison Ivy's with the mind control hats and her with her mind control pheromone. Also wanting to collect hats ...I kind of lump Hatter, and Zsasz into criminals the GCPD should be capable of catching without Batman.
    Last edited by darksammyknite; 02-04-2014 at 08:15 AM.

I agree with most of those choices. However, I'd put Poison Ivy in the top ten myself, and Mr. Freeze would be #11.

Quote Originally Posted by durkadurka View Post
    (spoilers)

EXACTLY what I was coming here to post. Killer Croc never said it, but its become his most famous line! Truly Batman's greatest victory over the Scaly Scalawag.

Ivy should be in top 10. I just want to know who drew that picture of he?!?! It's amazing.

I belive it was Stanley Artgerm Lau that drew the Poison Ivy pic it is a print for Sideshows Poison Ivy Statue

Quote Originally Posted by durkadurka View Post
    (spoilers)

You've got a point, but in the same episode, Croc attempts to bring up a theory on Batman, and the Joker visibly groans and declares "Not the robot theory again,", suggesting that Croc's been stupid enough to suggest it before and meaning that Batman likely studied Croc and used past encountered to inform his character there. So Croc's master plan was probably throwing a rock at Batman.

Why is it only Top 20? Because frankly, if even twenty, it'll just be "same old, same olds" even same twenty lot of the obviouses: Joker, Ra's, Penguin, Two-Face, ect, and all serious ones, mostly extreme Arkham critical psycho cases, not any room for fun. How about a Top 75, reflecting 75 years of the Batman?

Such as, what's the chances we'll ever see Tweedle Dee / Dum ever on a Top 20 list? They've got over seven decades of history, and is probably among two of Batman's top twenty most regularly recurring villains today since New 52, in about five New 52-Verse stories, and about two appearances each in Arkham City / Unhinged and Lil' Gotham. Their personalities today are just as bloodthirstingly violent as any other modern Bat-criminal other than Joker, but it seems that despite that, no matter what, people'll always view them as two short guys, and even if they haven't read a PAGE of Tweedles in their life, they'll still instantly peg them in the "loser" list! C'mon, Tweeds somewhere at least in Top 30, anyone?

And Man-Bat - if that list's criteria is "not technically villains / villains anymore" meaning not counting Catwoman in list, why is Man-Bat in list?
    Last edited by ngroove; 02-04-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Not a single reference for Ivy's more heroic stories or No Mans Land or her New52 persona. Cool story CBR. Keep it classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Statham View Post
    You've got a point, but in the same episode, Croc attempts to bring up a theory on Batman, and the Joker visibly groans and declares "Not the robot theory again,", suggesting that Croc's been stupid enough to suggest it before and meaning that Batman likely studied Croc and used past encountered to inform his character there. So Croc's master plan was probably throwing a rock at Batman.
    I have no doubt that Croc threw many a rock (or barrel or goon) at Batman throughout the years. I was just pointing out that it was "Killer Croc," not Killer Croc, who said that line.

newest one on the list is Z from 1992.

ANy newer villain going to make the top 10?
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

Quote Originally Posted by Trey View Post
    newest one on the list is Z from 1992.

ANy newer villain going to make the top 10?
    Most probably, Bane - Dark Knight Rises' Thomas Hardy still fresh, compounded with Arkham Game series, Arkham War, and Talon, whoever reads Talon.

Possibly Harley Quinn too.

So that leaves who for the top 10?

10. Scarecrow (not sure why he'd crack the Top 10, but he's noticeably missing from 11-20)
    9. Harley Quinn (questionable, maybe I'm forgetting someone?)
    8. Bane (90s ubervillain)
    7. Hush (00s ubervillain)
    6. Penguin (though honestly he's been coasting for years)
    5. Riddler (ditto)
    4. Two-Face (really wanted to make him #2, for sake of the joke)
    3. Ras Al Ghul
    2. Talia Al Ghul (another that might not even make the list, just putting her hear cause of the recent Batman Inc. stuff and the whole killing Damian thing)
    1. Joker (booooring, but what are you gonna do?)

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    So that leaves who for the top 10?

10. Scarecrow (not sure why he'd crack the Top 10, but he's noticeably missing from 11-20)
    9. Harley Quinn (questionable, maybe I'm forgetting someone?)
    8. Bane (90s ubervillain)
    7. Hush (00s ubervillain)
    6. Penguin (though honestly he's been coasting for years)
    5. Riddler (ditto)
    4. Two-Face (really wanted to make him #2, for sake of the joke)
    3. Ras Al Ghul
    2. Talia Al Ghul (another that might not even make the list, just putting her hear cause of the recent Batman Inc. stuff and the whole killing Damian thing)
    1. Joker (booooring, but what are you gonna do?)
    Kinda surprised to see Freeze fall outside the top ten, but I kinda just....ugh....at Hush being in the top 10 when Ivy and Freeze are not. Kinda feel the same way about Harley too, though I definitely think you've called it on that one. Harley has a really devoted cult fanbase, but I don't think she's really been a part of any truly great Batman comics. TV shows and video games, sure, but not comics.

As for Scarecrow....yup, he'll be in the top ten. Look at who you have in the top 10: Joker, Ras, Talia, Two-Face, Bane, Scarecrow. All of them were in the Nolan movies. That alone probably nudged Scarecrow into the top 10.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW