Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default RAD: Allred Rides the Waves Cosmic in "Silver Surfer"

Discussing the ebbs and flow of surfing, art and music, Mike Allred is completely dialed into the concept of his and Dan Slott's "Silver Surfer."

Full article here.

I am looking forward to this series but I disagree with Allred, John Buscema drew the best Silver Surfer.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Say bye-bye to this title inside a year unless they eventually put someone else at the helm. Allred is terribly overrated, and Im being kind with that assessment.

I dont know anything about Slott other than he has alot of detractors.

I can't wait for this title.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, GL: New Guardians, Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Red Lanterns, Saga, Silver Surfer, Swamp Thing, The Wake, Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by TONGO View Post
    Say bye-bye to this title inside a year unless they eventually put someone else at the helm. Allred is terribly overrated, and Im being kind with that assessment.

He's rated properly. His rating is set at awesome.

Also, he has way more people that like his art.

How can anyone look at the art in this interview and rag on the Allreds is beyond me......
    "Calm down, call Batman." - Greg Capullo

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

I think this is salt for Allred's work on FF.

While Slott has a lot of vocal detractors, his work on Spider-Man has been doing very well.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

STFU to all who bring negative energy to this title. A Silver Surfer comic is way over due and anytime they choose creators who have love and passion for the character it will help in the creation of a great story.
    Organic Underground Hip Hop
    http://boombits.bandcamp.com
    Http://soundcloud.com/boombits
    @boom_bits (IG & Twitter)

Says who?

Yeah, must be the reason it's the only Marvel writer with a book that's costantly in the top ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey View Post
    He's rated properly. His rating is set at awesome.

Also, he has way more people that like his art.

How can anyone look at the art in this interview and rag on the Allreds is beyond me......
    Absolutely love Allred, but I sadly disagree that more people like his art. If that was true, FF wouldn't have been cancelled. A lot of people are not into his retro style.
    Anyway I'm really excited for this book, Allred + Silver Surfer = a must buy for me

Quote Originally Posted by cottonmouth View Post
    Absolutely love Allred, but I sadly disagree that more people like his art. If that was true, FF wouldn't have been cancelled.
    It wasn't cancelled. It ended because Matt Fraction left.

That splash page made my jaw drop.

I am fascinated by the idea that someone couldn't get excited by this.

I really like Allred, always like his art, it's funky and different- but some folks don't like that, alas.

He has a lot of detractors....on message boards. Which means there's a vocal minority that doesn't represent reality.

Here's all you need to know about Slott if you're wanting to talk about sales: he's had two issues of Spider-Man, WITHOUT Peter-Parker or "Amazing" in the title, in the top 10 for sales basically every month last year. And it's in large part due to Slott's big twists and turns and ballsy moves....in other words, exactly the things the detractors hate him for.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by Lee H View Post
    It wasn't cancelled. It ended because Matt Fraction left.
    I stand corrected then.

This is easily one of the new comic books i am the most looking forward to.
    Story wise and art wise i think this new Silver Surfer have everything to be a awesome comic book.
    Allred art style is very creative and what better title to be creative that a Silver Surfer title set in deep space?
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.