Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Iopy View Post
    In addition, in one of the recent interviews Bedard mentioned that it was Soule who approached him with the idea. Soule seems very focused on character, story, and arc, so I'm guessing he's got something in mind that's more than just another crossover.
    I'm with you on this one.

IIRC, the only way one can get rid of a Red Lantenr ring is to die or to have a Blue Lantern disrupt the hold the red ring has on the bearer. I believe the Red Lantern Supergirl story will end with Saint Walker helping Supergirl lose the red ring. In the process relieving most of that angst she's been holding on to and making her a more hopeful character.

Quote Originally Posted by darima80 View Post

IIRC, the only way one can get rid of a Red Lantenr ring is to die or to have a Blue Lantern disrupt the hold the red ring has on the bearer. I believe the Red Lantern Supergirl story will end with Saint Walker helping Supergirl lose the red ring. In the process relieving most of that angst she's been holding on to and making her a more hopeful character.
    Normally, I'd say they are no more Blue lanterns but I think you're on to sth. Walker is on the cover of the April GL issue, so maybe he'll get his blue ring in it or sooner.
    What does CIN mean?

Why do you ask me, you say, I don't know. You should tell me what it means?

Salacious Propriety Tandaemonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darima80 View Post

That's...DARK. I hope if they do go with this, they go for it and make it a total metaphor for depression and hope/Blue Lanterns as a metaphor for Zoloft and casual over-prescribing. I love it. In order for Supergirl to exist and participate in society, she must stop being who she is, she must stop feeling what she feels. Lots of great overtones. Metaphor for women's enlightenment being seen as witches, or even the origin of the word 'hysterics'.

Junior Member Yellow Lantern 15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaemonium View Post
    That's...DARK. I hope if they do go with this, they go for it and make it a total metaphor for depression and hope/Blue Lanterns as a metaphor for Zoloft and casual over-prescribing. I love it. In order for Supergirl to exist and participate in society, she must stop being who she is, she must stop feeling what she feels. Lots of great overtones. Metaphor for women's enlightenment being seen as witches, or even the origin of the word 'hysterics'.
    A wise metaphor once told to me : " in order to overcome your greatness enemies or weaknesses, you must become them". Maybe the message soule was going for is that Supergirl must become a Red Lantern to accept her rage?
    I am the False information police officer of all things Batgirl and Sinestro/ Yellow Lantern related.