Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Green Lantern/Red Lanterns, #28

Don't miss this amazing flip-issue with two covers at a special price of just $2.99! This DOUBLE ISSUE contains both GREEN LANTERN #28 and RED LANTERNS #28! With dozens of sectors in open rebellion against the Green Lantern Corps, Hal Jordan is faced with a crisis in the sector most important to him: 2814, home of Earth...as well as Ysmault, home of the Red Lanterns. Hal made a dangerous bargain with Guy Gardner, and now it's time to pay up! Plus: Guy and the Red Lanterns take over policing Sector 2814! And you'll want to keep reading RED LANTERNS next month to see what happens to their newest member: SUPERGIRL!

Full article here.

This is going to be great!

Ah. So she can't communicate at all, I wondered if that would be the case.
    Oh and look, Guy is actually trying not to fight back against Shadow Thief and keep his deal with Tora! I give it another page. Max.

I like how Guys first reaction is what did you guys do, although it is a reasonable question given his new team. I honestly hope to see the red lanterns deal with a post forever evil earth while the protectors of sector 2814. For supergirl, all she has to do is bath in the blood river and she will be fine.

Now I have a question, when have the green lanterns arrested people for using their corps rings? I've only been reading Red Lanterns so I have no idea what's going on.

For supergirl, all she has to do is bath in the blood river and she will be fine.
    I think the question is, how exactly do the Corps plan on persuading her to go there in her current state?

Now I have a question, when have the green lanterns arrested people for using their corps rings?
    Hal and Kilowog went after the Star Sapphire Nol-Anj to get her to surrender her ring in Green Lantern 25 & 26. I read those, and #27, in order to get a sense of what's going on in the GL universe, although the situation is summed up pretty succinctly by these Greens here - everything has gone straight to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    Hal and Kilowog went after the Star Sapphire Nol-Anj to get her to surrender her ring in Green Lantern 25 & 26. I read those, and #27, in order to get a sense of what's going on in the GL universe, although the situation is summed up pretty succinctly by these Greens here - everything has gone straight to hell.
    So, it's a lot of craziness right at this moment. What I know is as followed: Hal is leader of the green lanterns(or whats left of them) policing the emotional spectrum with John being field leader/trainer, Kyle faked his death and is traveling the universe with Carol and the new guardians, Guy is in charge of the red lanterns and sector 2814, and Simon is... trapped in Firestorm in Forever Evil. Is that correct or did I miss something?

That's mostly correct, except that all of this is still taking place before Forever Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    That's mostly correct, except that all of this is still taking place before Forever Evil.
    Yeah, that would make sense. As I said earlier, I hope the red lanterns have some sort of effect on the earth post Forever Evil. That would be awesome, seeing some of the villains who were running rampage only for them to be surprised by a violent group of space vigilantes. It would be cool.

I will ask this again, given its connection to Supergirl, why isn't this connected to the Supergirl on-going title as well ?

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    I will ask this again, given its connection to Supergirl, why isn't this connected to the Supergirl on-going title as well ?
    Look at the solicits.

They are.
    What does CIN mean?

Why do you ask me, you say, I don't know. You should tell me what it means?

She will get the red ring in Supergirl #28.

It is. As it says at the bottom of page 2 of this preview:
    'How did this happen? Pick up Supergirl #28 in two weeks to find out! - Matt'

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    She will get the red ring in Supergirl #28.
    Well, at least they did have the nerve to mention it, but should it be a bit bigger to catch everyone's eye ?