Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBodyAtCBR View Post
    Dude, you aren't being spoiled. You're on the same pace as the rest of us, relax. The only difference is that some people are calling bullshit while others (like yourself) think they missed something. You didn't.
    I don't think you understand. I know it hasn't happened yet. I keep saying that Cap didn't die in #4. Am I not making myself clear on that? I don't need an article telling me what happens in #5, especially when I assume it's a #4 spoiler.
    Last edited by Mr Monster Munch; 02-02-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    My country is the world...
    And my religion is to do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Monster Munch View Post
    I don't think you understand. I know it hasn't happened yet. I keep saying that Cap didn't die in #4. Am I not making myself clear on that? I don't need an article telling me what happens in #5, especially when I assume it's a #4 spoiler.
    Look, if Cap wasn't meant to die in issue #4 in a clear manner than the freakin Editor in Chief wouldn't have gone and spoiled it himself. Him dying is supposed to happen in #4. It was just piss-poor storytelling. I don't know how to be more clear than that.

Look, if Cap wasn't meant to die in issue #4 in a clear manner than the freakin Editor in Chief wouldn't have gone and spoiled it himself. Him dying is supposed to happen in #4. It was just piss-poor storytelling. I don't know how to be more clear than that.
    I think he was just playing along with whats been shown in the book.
    Buy The Punisher

Axel is telling us Cap died in #4, not #5. The artwork doesn't clearly show his death, but we are supposed to believe that what we saw was Cap getting killed. So there was no spoiler here. It's unfortunate for anyone who didn't understand that Cap died in issue #4.

HOWEVER, I don't believe that Cap is dead. If only because the artwork was vague and me being hopeful.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

You look. You might believe he's dead, but others do not. I'm sorry but you're just going to have to learn to accept that until we see some solid evidence, like an actual dead body. I'm not the only one who doesn't see that Cap died. So I don't see why you're singling me out.

The fact of the matter is, Cap was not shown to be dead in #4. So of course this article has spoilt that pending reveal. Just look at the amount of posters on this thread alone that believe he survived the fall. Cap jumping out of a plane without a parachute does not mean he died. However, this article says he did.

For the record, I don't appreciate finding out the important details of the stories I read through an article. I'd rather wait until I read the issue. So of course I'm going to be annoyed if I go on this thread thinking it's a #4 spoiler, which I've already read.

Let's also not forget that Axel might just be lying. It's been known to happen. Often. He's probably only talking about Cap being dead because as of right now the public is supposed to think he is, based off of what happened in #4.

All it really comes down to is whether or not we, the readers, believe him or not. If you believe he's telling the truth, then yes this is probably a spoiler to you. If you call bullshit because the issue didn't clearly show him dying, then a spoiler it is not.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I think he was just playing along with whats been shown in the book.
    Though I wouldn't describe it as "playing along", you are pretty much correct. I wish to follow the story via the comic. Not have it spoilt by an article. It's an issue #5 spoiler, simple as that. That's why Cap is still alive as of issue #4. He wasn't shown to be dead, so this article spoils the reveal of that.

I just realized this is sort of the same situation with Peter's parents all over again; They were shown being killed in Ultimate Origins but later Bendis said that the artwork was wrong and the script just had them being injured by the Hulk. Here, the artwork doesn't actually show Cap being killed but the creators are saying that he for sure died in this issue.

Elder Member

I thought it was pretty clear he tried to escape but failed. Sure it's easy to say he didn't but when I read it I read it as him dying only to come on here to find out barely anyone else read it like that.