Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm still annoyed that I ran into a Cataclysm #5 spoiler. The thread said it was a Cataclysm #4 spoiler but it isn't. Avoiding spoilers shouldn't be this difficult.
    My country is the world...
    And my religion is to do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Monster Munch View Post
    I'm still annoyed that I ran into a Cataclysm #5 spoiler. The thread said it was a Cataclysm #4 spoiler but it isn't. Avoiding spoilers shouldn't be this difficult.
    The article talks about Cap dying, so yes this thread is about a #4 spoiler. It just also happens to have a page from #5 as well. Nothing really spoilers about it. If you read #4 you are already aware of the plan that is being executed in this page from #5.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    The article talks about Cap dying, so yes this thread is about a #4 spoiler. It just also happens to have a page from #5 as well. Nothing really spoilers about it. If you read #4 you are already aware of the plan that is being executed in this page from #5.
    I didn't know Cap actually died! That didn't happen in #4. Maybe to you, but not to me. You only have to take a look on this thread to see those who still think it's a red herring, so of course I'm shocked. I at least want to read these issues with some element of surprise. I picked up Cataclysm #4 just a few days ago expecting Thor to be on the cover, not Cap.

If that was supposed to be Cap's death, then he's not really dead. Period.

Prediction: He, Thor, Black Widow, and Hawekye will "go missing" after Cataclysm, only to re-appear down the line as a re-formed Avengers team.

I didn't know Cap actually died! That didn't happen in #4. Maybe to you, but not to me. You only have to take a look on this thread to see those who still think it's a red herring, so of course I'm shocked. I at least want to read these issues with some element of surprise. I picked up Cataclysm #4 just a few days ago expecting Thor to be on the cover, not Cap.
    I do believe that is whats at debate here rather or not Cap died. I myself just feel that hes still alive.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

RIP Badass Steve Rogers.

Before reading Cataclysm #4, I thought it was Thor that was going to die and that he was going to be on the cover. I'm glad it wasn't Thor who died. I'm also pretty proud of myself that I avoided the spoilers for this long. But then I read the issue and it turned out that Cap didn't actually die. Then I go on this Cataclysm #4 spoilers thread - thinking nothing would be spoilt for me seeing as I've already read the issue - only for it to spoil #5 which I haven't even read yet. All that effort avoiding the spoilers for #4 and then this happens.

But looking on the bright side, maybe it was time for Cap to go. Very few writers were able to write him correctly anyway, so maybe it's best he dies now so that he can no longer be impaired by Millar's original and greatest depiction of him. And besides, since Reed Richards demolished the corporate world in Ultimates Disassembled, the world has outgrown it's need for bias patriotic idealism, so I think this is quite symbolic of the current developments of Ultimate Earth. The world was united against Galactus. It's out with the old and in with the new, remoulding the UU's direction to create a true 21st Century Earth, a united world free from territorial competition.

Yes, because they're Marvel published characters in a Marvel published universe.
    what i meant by that comment is that originally Ultimate Marvel was created to be a place where you could enjoy different takes on iconic characters without all the baggage that years of continuity have created
    but after this event...We're Left With Just The All New Ultimates(Miles Morales Jessica Drew Cloak Dagger Kitty Pryde And BombShell)And The Ultimate Future Foundation(Daniel Ketch Sue Storm Sam Wilson And Tony Stark)
    now while i can't wait to see what this means for the ultimate universe i can't help but wonder how much this changes the lines original intentions

most of the characters that have books after The Galactus Attack aren't what You'd Call Iconic
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

'Dead id dead' is what's put me off the UU. Because Axel and co. have killed off or about to kill off most of the best characters. All we have left are a bunch of teenage vigilantes and some creepy organisation called Future Foundation.
    The UU ruined itself with Ultimatum and instead of restoring itself to something akin to its former glory it's going to be yet another excuse for a mass culling. I don't know why they don't just cancel it instead - they might as well.
    And the use of Ultimate Kitty makes the overexposure of Wolverine in the 616 verse look like child's play.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    'Dead id dead' is what's put me off the UU. Because Axel and co. have killed off or about to kill off most of the best characters. All we have left are a bunch of teenage vigilantes and some creepy organisation called Future Foundation.
    The UU ruined itself with Ultimatum and instead of restoring itself to something akin to its former glory it's going to be yet another excuse for a mass culling. I don't know why they don't just cancel it instead - they might as well.
    And the use of Ultimate Kitty makes the overexposure of Wolverine in the 616 verse look like child's play.
    because the ultimate universe lets writers freely explore ideas without being restricted to some sort of continuity status
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    I do believe that is whats at debate here rather or not Cap died. I myself just feel that hes still alive.
    Yeah, I said that. Balfro needs to look at just how many people don't think Cap's dead because they didn't see a dead body. I avoided all the spoilers for #4, read #4, and then went on this spoiler thread thinking it was a #4 spoiler and not a #5 spoiler. This article just spoilt pretty much any surprise this story could have had on me. I don't mean to sound negative, but this is a #5 spoiler. And by believing the thread title and seeing that it says it's a #4 spoiler, I clicked on this thread trusting the article wouldn't have any #5 spoilers. The article says that Cap is dead. But that hasn't actually been revealed in the comic yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    because the ultimate universe lets writers freely explore ideas without being restricted to some sort of continuity status
    They're just restricted to doing what the editors want. Just like the 616 U.

We all assume Cap is alive. If he actually died in #4 then Bagley really messed up on the art because it didn't even look like it was HINTED at his death. The cover is the only thing even remotely pointing to his death.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    We all assume Cap is alive. If he actually died in #4 then Bagley really messed up on the art because it didn't even look like it was HINTED at his death. The cover is the only thing even remotely pointing to his death.
    I actually wouldn't put that on Bagley if that was the case. There's no way the script said "AND THEN CAP'S PLANE BLOWS UP AND HE DIES IN A BLAZE OF GLORY AND HE'S FOR REAL DEAD."

But again, since the script obviously called for Cap to run out the back of the plane, I call shenanigans on the death.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Editors lie. We *obviously* did not see Cap die.

This isn't our first rodeo fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Cap died the way he lived, an asshole
    He's probably the only character in the Ultimate Universe I think should die. And I don't even think he's dead.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Yeah, I said that. Balfro needs to look at just how many people don't think Cap's dead because they didn't see a dead body. I avoided all the spoilers for #4, read #4, and then went on this spoiler thread thinking it was a #4 spoiler and not a #5 spoiler. This article just spoilt pretty much any surprise this story could have had on me. I don't mean to sound negative, but this is a #5 spoiler. And by believing the thread title and seeing that it says it's a #4 spoiler, I clicked on this thread trusting the article wouldn't have any #5 spoilers. The article says that Cap is dead. But that hasn't actually been revealed in the comic yet.
    Dude, you aren't being spoiled. You're on the same pace as the rest of us, relax. The only difference is that some people are calling bullshit while others (like yourself) think they missed something. You didn't.