Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Jan 31, 2014

Following a newsworthy week for Infinite Comics, Axel Alonso discusses the format and digital initiatives, plus this week's "Cataclysm" casualty.

Full article here.

A bit of a boring week here for me. Little interest in Infinite Comics though I do wonder if these digital comics lead to regular comic sales (digitally or print) or do they have the same effect as films. Was interested in his thoughts on Iron Patriot but not sure its wise to isolate him right out the gate. Also interesting that the Ultimate universe has a strict no resurrection element but so hate the thought of some other character taking on any character's mantle. It would be more interesting to me that once a character is dead you don't see that death dishonored by someone else taking on the role. Would be more interesting to see a different hero step into that same role the original held instead of stepping into his boots. But I don't read the Ultimate universe so no bother from me.

That Thunderbolts variant is just.... wow.

The Thunderbolts variant is badass. No other way to put it.

That Thunderbolts variant is creepy
    Buy The Punisher

All I want to know is when Deadpool: The Gauntlet comes out on TPB or HC so that I can read how Deadpool first met/interacted with his wife. The art for that series looks good. Also, I really like that New Warriors variant.

As for the ultimate universe, I like whats coming up more then whats currently happening. However, a brand new Ultimate Captain America would be cool to see post cataclysm.

Ult Cap died, huh? I didn't see a body, so I wasn't sure. Super heroes usually survive explosions like that 99.999999% of the time. I wonder why Cap had trouble surviving it.

Deathlok and Darkhawk seem to be like the only two Marvel characters who've previously had solo series that haven't had a title announced for 2014.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That Thunderbolts variant is just.... wow.
    I know. It scares me too.

Yeah, no kidding. Cap was never shown to die. In fact, we saw him dive out of the jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Alonso
    The Ultimate Universe is extra-elastic, but when it snaps -- it's broken for good. When someone dies, they're dead. We move that piece off the board for good.
    "Dead means dead."

Raise your hand if you remember these 3 famous words uttered by Joe Quesada upon accepting the title of new EIC, many years ago. This was, of course, just prior to him green-lighting the pointless deaths and resurrections of just about every superhero in the Marvel Universe at least once, if not twice.

No offense Mr Alonso, but if anyone believes this will last, then they're either new to Marvel Comics, or not all there.

Punisher is still with the Thunderbolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Punisher is still with the Thunderbolts?
    Not the real Punisher. It's the impostor Punisher that jabbers on like a ninny and is confused by explosives.
    The Real Punisher is still in the prison Iron Man built for him under Lake Michigan at the end of Rucka's run.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

Thanks for addressing my question, I was hoping Barberi would be back!

And yeah, that Tbolts variant...

I love that Infinite Comics is starting to make headway into the main comics. I get the sense it's reaching a tipping point of sorts where digital is prevalent enough where it can hold its own against print books. And more integration can only help as digital keeps growing. The Deadpool wedding is the first time to where it's really complementing a major event rather than just acting as bonus content. Maybe at some point, a more comprehensive series will emerge. But I doubt that will happen for a couple years.

And I couldn't disagree more with Alonso's take on Ultimate. What exactly is the appeal to a universe where peoples' favorite characters stay dead and are killed off in inane, utterly callous ways? Does Marvel really believe that killing characters will lead to larger appeal? They can point to Miles all they want, but that doesn't change the fact that Ultimate Spider-Man still sold a heck of a lot better when Peter Parker was wearing the mask. And after all the outrage and hatred caused by Ultimatum, Marvel's solution to fixing Ultimate is more death? That's like trying to cure alcoholism with whiskey. Why is it fun to kill a character just to replace them? That's not fun. That's outright sadistic. New Green Lanterns have been added over the years without killing the original. Same with Flash. And recently, Marvel made a new Miss Marvel WITHOUT killing Carol Danvers. I get the sense that Alonso and the rest of Marvel just don't care. They really don't care about Ultimate anymore and just keep it going so Bendis can keep writing Ultimate Spider-Man. Heck, if they really care that little, then just stop printing it. Or hire some random writer who actually does care. There are fanfiction writers who put more effort into their stories than Ultimate. I know because I'm one of them. Seriously, what is the appeal of a broken universe where there's no hope and great characters can just be snuffed out? There is none. Plain and simple.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by TsaiMeLemoni View Post
    Thanks for addressing my question, I was hoping Barberi would be back!

And yeah, that Tbolts variant...
    I saw when you posted that question, I was wondering the same thing. Glad they answered.