Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Lazarus, #6

"LIFT," Part Two
    While Johanna continues to try and rehabilitate her image and prove her loyalty to the Family, Forever investigates rumors of the Freemen Resistance in Los Angeles. In Montana, the Barrets make a fateful decision, and begin the long journey to Denver.

Full article here.

Did we miss a month on Lazarus? I feel like it's been forever (sorry; no pun intended) since we got issue #5. I love this book, but I've got to go back and read them again to figure out what's happening. Or just start trade waiting all of these image books.

living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

I thought they just skipped the month the trade came out. That's normal for Image.

Yeah, they skipped January for some reason. I was disappointed, especially as it was at the start of new story. But this looks good.

There's few books I await more eagerly than Lazarus. Quite looking forward to the whole "Lift" arc as I imagine it will give us much more insight into the world beyond the family.

Oh boy! I've been waiting for two months for this!
    Can't wait!
    "If I wanted smooth, I'd be with Hal Jordan."

There is a new interview with Michael Lark at Newsarama

http://www.newsarama.com/20217-artis...-at-image.html

Briefly touches on the delay (health and home difficulties) and a lot about the artistic process. Which is as it should be.

Honestly, I'm about ready to jump off the bandwagon on this one. I loved the first issue, but I find all of the characters other than Forever pretty dull. The world they've constructed is kind of interesting, but it's pretty 2-dimensional. The lines between good and bad are pretty clearly drawn. Does anybody doubt for a second that Forever is eventually going to ditch her family and join the resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by copperandchrome View Post
    Honestly, I'm about ready to jump off the bandwagon on this one. I loved the first issue, but I find all of the characters other than Forever pretty dull. The world they've constructed is kind of interesting, but it's pretty 2-dimensional. The lines between good and bad are pretty clearly drawn. Does anybody doubt for a second that Forever is eventually going to ditch her family and join the resistance?
    I have no doubt that she will find out more and more about the Carlyles' ways and will rebel sometime soon-ish, but the question is what will she do afterwards?

We have seen no signs pointing to any kind of organized resistance to the status quo for her to join/lead so far; the so called 'waste' humans appear to have been tamed for the most part, sure some of them grumble behind closed doors and theres graffiti complaints but thats about it. Then again perhaps the family that lost its farm in the last issue will likely be the spark for the coming revolution.

What I'd like to happen is for Forever to talk Joaquim into starting a recruitment drive of the rest of the Lazarii and form a specialized unit to overthrow the families worldwide.
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

Awesome issue, it was worth the wait
    Buy The Punisher

One of the best book on the market. I am amazed at how much I love this book.
    GET WELL GEORGE LOPEZ

Really good issue; I actually read the letters column this time, too, and I was turned on to http://familycarlyle.tumblr.com, which is a treasure trove of fan stuff and behind the scenes stuff, so to speak. I completely missed the significance of Forever noticing what was happening during the robbery, and this tumblr made me realize what I'd missed.

Just plowed through the first six issues of this book and I have to say that I am impressed. It's a very sophisticated story and I am so happy that this isn't your pro-totypical dystopian story. Consisting of the aftermaths of a nuclear holocaust or some boring story where the rebels want to take down the evil totalitarian ruler. The world buildingis really phenominal.

Quote Originally Posted by copperandchrome View Post
    I don't think that it's just going to be a simple 'down with the man' story. I suspect that there will be some more infighting with the other families and struggles for power. Further I don't think that Rucka will be so lazy to ignore that even if there is some kind of rebellion from 'The waste'. They won't be in synch and unified.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

I'm just now starting to get into 'independent' comics. Last year I started by diving into Valiant's line and then got into Darkhorse's X and Brainboy plus a couple of new ones here and there and now Lazarus. I'm really impressed with not only storylines but also getting to read the thought process behind all these creations like Gillen's Uber and Rucka's Lazarus. It has somehow made reading comics so much better to the point where can become more immersed within these worlds.

My only fear is consistency. Even though I'm kinda late in the game with some of these titles, I know that a lot of these are some sort of reboot because previous volumes either failed or stopped. I fell in love with this comic but at the same time I really don't want to get that invested in case this title doesn't last or starts get major delays to the point of just fading away.
    Be more constructive with your feedback -- Jemaine

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I fell in love with this comic but at the same time I really don't want to get that invested in case this title doesn't last or starts get major delays to the point of just fading away.
    Greg mentioned in an interview that there is a finite end to the book. So it won't be dragged out un-neccesarily. I expect it to last a few years at least. Even it it nears cancellation due to lagging sales or because the creators get tired of writing it. I guess that it will end properly.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus