Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Poll: What do you think of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor?

What do you think of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor?

With the recent news of Jesse Eisenberg taking on the role of Lex Luthor in the "Man of Steel" sequel, CBR wants to know what you think of the casting decision.

Vote on the poll here.

Eisenberg isn't this type of villain. I feel he could be a good generic genius supervillain, maybe Indiana Jokes-esque. But as Lex, I think someone more menacing would fit, like Bryan Cranston. He would be a great Lex in my opinion. He's clearly shown he has the skill to be villainous yet loveable and terrifying. And Lex is a fascinating character to me. And along his side as Joker, a younger Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio. Have you seen his Jack Nicholson impression? It's terrifyingly Joker-like.

I think Cranston and DiCaprio would make a killer Lex & Joker.

If I clicked, or saw right, I went for the 'wait and see' option, as I'm neither super excited about it, as I might be with such and such as Apocalypse, but not devastated, or really unhappy either.
    Have an open mind, wasn't sure it was for real and not a rumour, or unconfirmed report, but...there you go.

Sometimes, just like the Will Ferell film, truth really is stranger than fiction.

I clicked "wait and see". I don't outright hate it because I can understand how previous roles may end up making this an inspired casting choice. That said, I could see this totally bombing worse than Nicholas Cage-Super-Man.

There are so many different versions of Lex Luthor. It's hard to say someone doesn't fit one of them.

I dunno. I don't feel like being that guy who railed against Heath Ledger before TDK came out.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    There are so many different versions of Lex Luthor. It's hard to say someone doesn't fit one of them.

I dunno. I don't feel like being that guy who railed against Heath Ledger before TDK came out.
    That comparison is being dragged out so much recently it's tiring.

It doesn't even compare.

Heath Ledger was the one wild card in an otherwise perfect cast, and the hate for him was not near the level of insecurity people have about this movie. Like not even close. There were far more people who maybe couldn't see it but otherwise trusted Nolan. Plus, there were rumors from his casting that his audition was like no other.

I'm somewhere between "wait and see" and "like it".

With Goyer and Snyder the driving forces behind this movie, I doubt I'll like the end result either way. But if the creative forces behind this movie were of a higher caliber, I could see Eisenberg really pulling it off.

I don't know.

I just do not know.

There are so many other safer options out there. With so much riding on this movie, I feel like they should have played it a bit safer and gone with someone like Cranston or a movie star with more experience playing truly evil - but sympathetic - villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Batman View Post
    I don't know.

I just do not know.

There are so many other safer options out there. With so much riding on this movie, I feel like they should have played it a bit safer and gone with someone like Cranston or a movie star with more experience playing truly evil - but sympathetic - villains.
    Maybe Cranston smelled a turd and walked away. You never know.

Eisenberg, career wise, is probably in less of a position to pass this up.

Inspired casting. Jesse has proven to be great at playing arrogant self-absorbed geniuses.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
    Maybe Cranston smelled a turd and walked away. You never know.

Eisenberg, career wise, is probably in less of a position to pass this up.
    I'm sure he jumped for joy when he was cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Batman View Post
    I'm sure he jumped for joy when he was cast.
    I'm not saying he did. Not saying he didn't. Just saying it's a bigger opportunity for Eisenberg.

Uggghh if I hear the Cranston thing one more time....just because an actor shaves his head for a role people does not mean they are right to play every bald character the rest of their career.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBoxing View Post
    That comparison is being dragged out so much recently it's tiring.

It doesn't even compare.

Heath Ledger was the one wild card in an otherwise perfect cast, and the hate for him was not near the level of insecurity people have about this movie. Like not even close. There were far more people who maybe couldn't see it but otherwise trusted Nolan. Plus, there were rumors from his casting that his audition was like no other.
    All sounds like people getting their undies in a twist moaning about something they haven't seen yet to me.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

I've been a fan of Jesse Eisenberg for years. So I'm all for it.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior